Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Software Update preference > ADVANCED do anything?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For references. before/after V10(2019.32.12.2), i'd get updates ever few days. Since then, +28 days
updates.jpg

It's starting to look more like the advanced setting doesn't really do anything again. Of all the cars on our account, the ones that are set to standard have already been updated and one of them that is set to advanced it's still waiting on the update. In fact it is in the bottom 9% of cars that have not gotten updated yet.

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
It's starting to look more like the advanced setting doesn't really do anything again. Of all the cars on our account, the ones that are set to standard have already been updated and one of them that is set to advanced it's still waiting on the update. In fact it is in the bottom 9% of cars that have not gotten updated yet.
I am not sure anymore. It did work before version 10 I know as certain features that appeared in a rollout I would already have gotten without any notice. One I remember well was the backup camera sensor view of the top of the car.

Usually I am at the tail end of update notices, but I checked while out to lunch today and the latest update is available for me. I will DL on my drive home tonight (no WiFi in the garage so all updates are via my cell phone hotspot).

Anyone with "Advanced" still waiting for 2020.4.1 like I am? Still on 2019.40.50.7. Connected to Wifi 23 hrs a day.

Seems like a total crap shoot. I wish I could understand how the updates roll out. :-/

got the latest today. I'm often toward the tail end, also. this time it feels more like the middle ;)

my driving is also very boring; bay area, to/from work. there's nothing new tesla can learn from MY drive (but I still want frequent updates, dammit) ;)

if I was tesla, I'd weigh toward the cars that drive on areas that are NOT common. me, I'm bay area. common as air. can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a tesla.

Anyone with "Advanced" still waiting for 2020.4.1 like I am? Still on 2019.40.50.7. Connected to Wifi 23 hrs a day.

Seems like a total crap shoot. I wish I could understand how the updates roll out. :-/
I'm on Advanced too, but usually once people have started getting the update, I toggle off/on my wifi, and the car then searches for new updates and then it find it and starts downloading.

I did this same thing last night and got 2020.4.1.

Reactions: DrtyJrze
I enabled Advanced a few updates ago. but still, I always seemed to get my updates near then end of the roll out.

However, l got 2020.40.1 last night! I've not had a chance to drive it yet, but I'm one of the early birds this time:) OBTW my garage is waaaay out of wifi range, I always get notifications through cell service on both my iPhone and in my car. I then back my Model 3 onto my front lawn with it's butt close to the room from which wifi is broadcast and start the download. Then I drive the car back into the garage, plug it in and start the update. Wifi is useful because it's much faster for the actual download, but it's not necessary to receive OTA notifications or to actually trigger the installation.

*Edit: typos and more info.

Last edited: