Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does stud thread pitch matter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New owner of a ‘20 Model 3 Performance looking to get spacers.

I see that there are a few Tesla model specific options available but like most of us I’m always trying to save money.

I know I need a 64.1mm bore spacer with the 5x114 pattern, and I want to go with 25mm rear and 15mm front.

The only thing I’m unsure about is the thread pitch. I know the stock studs are 14x1.5. I found a really nice looking set of Acura/ Honda spacers for wayyyy cheaper than what the Tesla specific spacer company’s are asking. They match everything I need EXCEPT the studs are 12x1.5.

Will this matter? And even if the threading is different could I just get new lugs to match that pattern?

Thank you in advance for any help!!!

Blox spacers are marketing. There is nothing special about Tesla wheels or hubs. The Model 3 fitment is identical to modern Mustangs. This is a good thing.

If you really care about "the correct thing" - it isn't spacers, it's buying wheels with the correct offset. But of course, the stock wheels are the correct offset, so this is about looks anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: superflyrolla
Upvote 0
Blox spacers are marketing. There is nothing special about Tesla wheels or hubs. The Model 3 fitment is identical to modern Mustangs. This is a good thing.

If you really care about "the correct thing" - it isn't spacers, it's buying wheels with the correct offset. But of course, the stock wheels are the correct offset, so this is about looks anyway.
Re-read my post lol. You just made an essay about what I said in a sentence.

Upvote 0