Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Summon Learn?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my S on 3/31! It's an amazing car! I was testing summon to get the car into my garage. After lining up the car and starting summon, the car would approach the garage and stop right in front of the garage door. Also, my garage has a small bump by the garage door which could be causing the car to stop.

I searched in settings and set the width to tight for summon. I tried again and the front tires went over the bump, then hit the rear tires and turned off. I activated summon again and the car refused to move.

The next day, I lined the car up more accurately and started summon. The front tires went through the bump, then the rear tires hit the bump and the car turned off. I activated summon again and this time the car pushed harder and the rear tires successfully went through the bump and the car parked in my garage completely!

After trying multiple times, does this mean my S now knows it can safely get summoned into my garage?

I bumped into some EVO apps designed for the S class. Can any one help me understand the Tesla main apps from the aftermarket? - what works and what should one avoid? Does Tesla incorporate the best features in updates, does Tesla tolerate the existence or fight to remove apps?

I got my Model S 2 days ago, and Summon had problems the first day (stopped in the middle of entering, steering wheel moved without reason shifting the car out of the right path, etc) then after the first day, I still had a couple of issues where the car stopped too early and then it began working perfectly consistently. I don't know if the system "learns" so per say, but for sure had to "calibrate" itself in some way otherwise it would have worked out of the box.

I use summon daily and it pretty much does the same thing every day. Makes it over the garage lip with front wheels and then stops 1/3 of the way in (after gaining too much speed). Then I hit it a second time and it finishes the job. Gotta be careful starting with the car already partially in, because it doesn't "remember" where the sides where that it saw going through the first time and sometime gets a little close for comfort on the side away from the garage wall.

So, short answer--no. It hasn't changed a bit for me. A "learn" function would be terrific. If you could hold the "forward" button on the fob and tell it "it's ok.. you're running over the garage lip" and then it remembers based on location.