Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does swapping the 12v battery reset ride height?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My hard won experience playing with automatic ride sensors would make it clear that the answer is no. There are a series of sensors attached to links at the four wheel locations. These sensors send a signal to the onboard system which inflates (or cuts out) the air compressor at the correct height.

So even if your car was disconnected, and the air totally drained (due to a suspension replacement) when the power was connected, the ride height would be "read" and the increase (or decrease) would occur.

Adjustment is typically through a few nuts threaded onto a bolt to increase or decrease the shaft height which triggers the sensor. If you want to increase (or decrease) automatic ride height, you can do so by adjusting the nuts, maybe +/- 1" as we'd do this with other vehicles (most notably trucks) to give a bit more wheel clearance.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
My hard won experience playing with automatic ride sensors would make it clear that the answer is no. There are a series of sensors attached to links at the four wheel locations. These sensors send a signal to the onboard system which inflates (or cuts out) the air compressor at the correct height.

So even if your car was disconnected, and the air totally drained (due to a suspension replacement) when the power was connected, the ride height would be "read" and the increase (or decrease) would occur.

Adjustment is typically through a few nuts threaded onto a bolt to increase or decrease the shaft height which triggers the sensor. If you want to increase (or decrease) automatic ride height, you can do so by adjusting the nuts, maybe +/- 1" as we'd do this with other vehicles (most notably trucks) to give a bit more wheel clearance.
Most of us are aware around the mechanics how it works but I think the OP is just paranoid that the settings aren't recalibrated. There's been instances where Tesla has recalibrated the ride high with lowering links installed and it alters the existing suspension configuration/height which usually only happens when the car is in for service related to suspension or alignments.