Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does tesla automatically know if you transferred title?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve got an old x with unlimited supercharging. I want to give it to my brother but keep the free supercharging going. But for insurance purposes I probably have to actually switch the title to him.

Does anybody know if tesla actually get notified when you transfer title (or are they constantly scanning for changes somehow)?

Because we wouldn’t need to change anything on the tesla.com side, so I don’t know if/how tesla would ever know there even was a “transfer”.

thanks!

I’ve got an old x with unlimited supercharging. I want to give it to my brother but keep the free supercharging going. But for insurance purposes I probably have to actually switch the title to him.

Does anybody know if tesla actually get notified when you transfer title (or are they constantly scanning for changes somehow)?

Because we wouldn’t need to change anything on the tesla.com side, so I don’t know if/how tesla would ever know there even was a “transfer”.

thanks!

Private transfer of legacy free lifetime supercharging is tied with the car. Especially lower VIN S and X.

In order for our brother to be able to use the App, or work with Tesla for service, you probably should transfer it to him

As far as letting Tesla know, I believe that's in the My Tesla App on the website.

Your brother will need to get a login, get to:

Tesla SSO - Sign In

Click on Claim Ownership of Vehicle

Tesla SSO - Sign In

Here are some screenshots I quickly took from my browser...

Tesla Account example Claim Ownership P1.jpg
Tesla Account example Claim Ownership P2.jpg
Tesla Account example Claim Ownership P3.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H