TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Does Tesla currently use AP1 or AP2 demo cars?

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by Matias, Feb 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Matias

Matias Active Member

Does Tesla currently use AP1 or AP2 demo cars to new customers who are considering buying a Tesla?

2. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

My loaner had no AP feature. Alot depends on what each service center has. Hope that helps. I had a demo ride with a AP2 car, but at the time it was not working.

3. NSX1992

NSX1992 Member

When I test drove two weeks ago the P100D it had AP2 but AutoPilot was limited to 50 mph. Adaptive cruise control worked.

4. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

I know at least one location has kept an AP1 car in order to be able to demo AP.

5. wdolson

wdolson Supporting Member

I haven't been to a Tesla store since last fall, but one time when I was in there and noticed something new that had just gone into production, someone working there said they cycle through the cars for display and demo every few weeks or so. None of their demo cars are very old. Some stores may have some older inventory cars around, but most of the cars are going to be fairly recent off the production line.