Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Tesla give loaners for service appointments?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i've found it most useful to bring my own loaner. I have a Model S and a Model 3, so in the unusual circumstance that one of my cars is in for service (when Teslas don't REQUIRE service, you know) I bring along the other car and drive away happily. This gives a much nicer experience than using some old beat up Pontiac they have sitting out back that's covered in dirt, or some unshaven Uber driver that looks like I got him out of bed.
I also like to bring my own spare loner Cessna with me to the airport whenever I fly. It also makes for a much nicer experience than using some old beat up 747 they have sitting out on the tarmac or dealing with some disheveled flight attendant that looks like I pulled them off a redeye hours before.

i've found it most useful to bring my own loaner. I have a Model S and a Model 3, so in the unusual circumstance that one of my cars is in for service (when Teslas don't REQUIRE service, you know) I bring along the other car and drive away happily. This gives a much nicer experience than using some old beat up Pontiac they have sitting out back that's covered in dirt, or some unshaven Uber driver that looks like I got him out of bed.
Must have missed the part where I said the Tesla is our only car.

I haven’t receive any loaner after the first year (2017), all service requests are done within the same day. Last time I got 3 days of credits but they return the car the next day. The SA in Dallas said they don’t give out any loaner anymore. I guess it depends on each individual SC and cases, for sure Tesla does not offer premium service like other luxury brands.

Just got our MYP yesterday and there’s a pretty bad stain/smudge on the trunk glass between the glass and the tint that they need to fix. First service appointment isn’t available for a couple weeks, but the Tesla is our only car. Is there a way to schedule service and guarantee we receive a loaner of some sort? Does Tesla even give loaners?
We did some minor service recently at the Burbank SC and from what we were told. If the work seems it will exceed two days. They will give you a loaner. On a side note Burbank now has contactless pickup. Pretty awesome experience.