Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Tesla Model S *really* overwrite old recordings when flash drive full?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
Just got t-boned yesterday (someone ran the red; I'm mostly ok except for hearing loss due to airbag explosion noise).
About 10 minutes after crash, pulled my 64 GB USB flash drive (the one being used to store videos).

There are 1,820 files (57 GB).
But...
The most recent file on the drive is from Feb 14, almost 4 months ago.

The manual says "As your USB flash drive runs out of available space, the oldest footage in Sentry Clips are deleted to make room for new footage."

Am I misunderstanding something?

thanks,

Stan
(Cupertino, CA, USA)

Hi,
Just got t-boned yesterday (someone ran the red; I'm mostly ok except for hearing loss due to airbag explosion noise).
About 10 minutes after crash, pulled my 64 GB USB flash drive (the one being used to store videos).

There are 1,820 files (57 GB).
But...
The most recent file on the drive is from Feb 14, almost 4 months ago.

The manual says "As your USB flash drive runs out of available space, the oldest footage in Sentry Clips are deleted to make room for new footage."

Am I misunderstanding something?

thanks,

Stan
(Cupertino, CA, USA)
That’s not sentry though. Not sure what it would do.

Where are you looking for files? If you weren't in park, the files from the accident would either be in RecentClips or SavedClips (not SentryClips). If there's nothing in either of those folders from after Feb 14, it sounds like your dashcam stopped recording 4 months ago and you didn't realize it, not necessarily because it was full.