Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Tesla occasionally have used X for reasonable prices?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Nova Scotia and I have a small gas Hyundai Kona 2019 as well as an early Cybertruck reservation.

I'm trying to see if we can change the car to have something larger in the meanwhile without losing too much money by changing cars now (double taxation, depreciation), for whenever Elon decides to fulfill the Cybertruck promise.
It also seems like a peak time to get max value of gas cars before the people realize gas cars are outdated!

Also towing capacity is important to me that's why Model Y doesn't look like a good option. I so video of its hitch installation and it seems like it will shear off trying to go north of 5,000 lb

I'm seeing crazy prices on used X, I tried to subscribe to tesla-info.com alerts in the hope it will show me Good used deals from Tesla - but it seems to be shown me deals from Kijiji autos with shocking triple digit prices!

I have called Tesla in Quebec city and the advisor has no idea whether Tesla happens to have Model X from time to time for sale and for how much they go.

Any advice, should they set up my own web page monitor for used Tesla page?

I also saw some threads here from 21' stating the Tesla no longer does deliveries outside of selling province.
Does it mean I can still buy it and just have to drive it back to Nova Scotia?
I don't want to pay double registration taxes.

I assume all of this also means that I can't get the used rebate in NS - need to buy from local dealer.. and Allev.ca dealership is too in the business of overpricing the cars.
I am also not sure how shady those are - it's suspicious to see so many used Teslas all concentrated in the relatively small Halifax!

All of this made me a double check, so that's what you search filter using different postal codes for Ontario and quebec but nothing showed up.
I did have it notices this:
Tesla used vehicles must be delivered and registered within the vehicle’s province.

This makes absolutely no sense.. am I doomed waiting for my Cybertruck and paying $2 a liter in the meanwhile?

I will appreciate any advice!

Last edited:
I live in Nova Scotia and I have a small gas Hyundai Kona 2019 as well as an early Cybertruck reservation.

I'm trying to see if we can change the car to have something larger in the meanwhile without losing too much money by changing cars now (double taxation, depreciation), for whenever Elon decides to fulfill the Cybertruck promise.
It also seems like a peak time to get max value of gas cars before the people realize gas cars are outdated!

Also towing capacity is important to me that's why Model Y doesn't look like a good option. I so video of its hitch installation and it seems like it will shear off trying to go north of 5,000 lb

I'm seeing crazy prices on used X, I tried to subscribe to tesla-info.com alerts in the hope it will show me Good used deals from Tesla - but it seems to be shown me deals from Kijiji autos with shocking triple digit prices!

I have called Tesla in Quebec city and the advisor has no idea whether Tesla happens to have Model X from time to time for sale and for how much they go.

I also saw some threads here from 21' stating the Tesla no longer does deliveries outside of selling province.

I assume all of this also means that I can't get the used rebate in NS - need to buy from local dealer.. and Allev.ca dealership is too in the business of overpricing the cars.
I am also not sure how shady those are - it's suspicious to see so many used Teslas all concentrated in the relatively small Halifax!

All of this made me a double check, so that's what you search filter using different postal codes for Ontario and quebec but nothing showed up.
Tesla used vehicles must be delivered and registered within the vehicle’s province.

This makes absolutely no sense.. am I doomed waiting for my Cybertruck and paying $2 a liter in the meanwhile?

There are no “good deals” on any used vehicles these days. Especially Teslas.

Reactions: zecar
Even from Tesla itself? Would they still charge the price of a new X, for a used if I watched for one?
Especially from Tesla. They aren’t in the used car business. They will continue charging top-dollar for any used vehicle. Because people are willing to pay.

If you have spent any time searching through inventory, you will often see used vehicles priced above new ones. Especially the Legacy S and X. Buying a used X at this stage is not a good idea. The platform is sunsetting. A new one is a far better value.

Reactions: zecar
Especially from Tesla. They aren’t in the used car business. They will continue charging top-dollar for any used vehicle. Because people are willing to pay.

If you have spent any time searching through inventory, you will often see used vehicles priced above new ones. Especially the Legacy S and X. Buying a used X at this stage is not a good idea. The platform is sunsetting. A new one is a far better value.
I did not see any used ones at all in the inventory that's why I asked what is it happened to be better deals than regular used market.
I guess not - thanks for the precise explanation!

If you just want deals from Tesla it looks like you can uptick the Used option if its like here and just tick "CPO". Even though Tesla don't like calling them CPO I think CPO is a useful difference to 3rd party Used.

I have seen used "S" occassionally. But they are usually gone super quickly. You need to watch the website like a hawk.

In the UK we can sign up for telegram alerts from tesla-info and you get messages as soon as the cars get listed. Not sure if they do that where you are but worth a look. It's pretty popular here and it's how I found my new Model Y although I had to be flexible on spec.

Prices are madness at the moment, we can't even order new Model X so people are either swtiching brands or getting Model Ys but they're really not the same quality, as good as they are.

Telsa used to have the best prices for used vehicles plus they extend the warranty on the vehicle since you are buying direct from them. I bought my 2015 Model S 70D (with 4yr extended warranty through Tesla included) for $72k in 2017. I hunted for a used Model X for over 2yrs through their website (they go very fast, matter of minutes) and finally snagged one last year in May. 2017 Model X for $59K(!) and came with one year extended warranty. Couldn't be happier with both. I kind of lucked out with the X but just goes to show Tesla was the best source for a great deal as they did not want to keep used vehicles long and just wanted to move them on. These days though it's a different ball game and I haven't seen a used X on their site ever since I bought mine last year...just thought I would provide some context.

Part of the ongoing problem is that there's been very few deliveries of the Model X in the past 1.5 years due to the refresh - supply and demand. Couple it with a higher demand as the price of fuel increases. The refresh is only starting to get into Canada - at a trickle, and probably a year's plus of backlog. These are hardly "normal times" in production as well given parts availability limitations, etc. It'll be more than a year before things start to settle down.

X’s are just too expensive initially to go cheap, especially with demand so far ahead of supply. I say that as someone with an X here in NS.

One option I don’t know if you’re aware of is AllEV on Kempt road in Halifax. They don’t get X’s that often, but I have seen them there. I don’t know what the prices are like though.

Reactions: TrevTremaine

Here’s a link from today.
www.allev.ca/inventory?model=Model+X