Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Tesla remove ludicrous from CPO?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve seen a few P85DL that were sold private party and then ended up back at Tesla. When listed on their used site, they don’t advertise the Ludicrous upgrade. Is this because these were updated after the sale and they only get their information from the VIN? Or are they actually removing the upgrade? Has anyone bought a Tesla CPO to plesently be surprised with an unadvertised ludicrous upgrade?

Here's a direct quote from the OA I worked with when I asked about a car I was looking at that had ludicrous badges but was not listed as ludicrous. Note that it also had the underline in the dash display so it almost certainly had the ludicrous upgrade: "I see the underline as well. It doesn’t say it has Ludicrous speed upgrade in our system, but I’ve seen it been wrong once before. It is priced as if it does not have it. It could just be that someone bought it and put the badge on there, but it could have Ludicrous unlocked too. We wouldn’t have turned it off . The tracking for those P85Ds that got the install was done on an internal list at HQ, because not everyone had access to it."

Here's a direct quote from the OA I worked with when I asked about a car I was looking at that had ludicrous badges but was not listed as ludicrous. Note that it also had the underline in the dash display so it almost certainly had the ludicrous upgrade: "I see the underline as well. It doesn’t say it has Ludicrous speed upgrade in our system, but I’ve seen it been wrong once before. It is priced as if it does not have it. It could just be that someone bought it and put the badge on there, but it could have Ludicrous unlocked too. We wouldn’t have turned it off . The tracking for those P85Ds that got the install was done on an internal list at HQ, because not everyone had access to it."

Sounds promising then. Someone also posted a reply in the for sale section today mentioning their car wasn’t listed as Ludicrous, but it did indeed have it. Thank you.