Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Tesla remove Ludicrous from P85Ds?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Long-time lurker here; I’ve very nearly taken the Tesla ownership plunge a couple of times but life got in the way ... now looking at Model S options for when I have to resume commuting later this year. I’m inclining towards a well-optioned P85D as my preferred choice. If I can find one of the super-rare green ones, so much the better.

Looking at various cars for sale around the country, I’ve observed at least two that have the ‘Ludicrous underline’ on the rear badging, but ‘Insane’ and ‘Insane+’ on the screen inside. Here are the cars I’m talking about:

2014 Tesla Model S P85D 5YJSA1H26EFP68253 | Jacobs Mitsubishi New Port Richey, FL

and

2014 Tesla Model S 4dr Sedan P85D

Is it possible that Tesla has removed Ludicrous mode from these cars when they passed through auction (or, in the case of the second car above, through the hands of Tesla themselves), in the same way that they do for FUSC?

I’m not necessarily wedded to the idea of having Ludicrous (and I know it was introduced well after they deleted green as an option), but it’s good to know what to expect.

TIA

JB