Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Tesla Service Center offer curb rash fixes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to Maywood location. Took 24hrs and was $175. I haven’t inspected super closely but happy with the results. Here are photos (rear wheel got curbed).

4882AEC6-A2AD-4666-BE6B-45DFC7094F6A.jpeg

F9946424-2DC7-443A-812C-3BF547EB1269.jpeg

I've been extremely careful since ownership (I've usually been pretty good about not curbing wheels, but it happens just when you aren't paying enough attention). I'm 7 months and 7000 miles in and haven't seen any curb damage.

This is of course after rubbing a curb (tire only, generous slant to the curb) on day 2 of ownership which told me the width of the wheelbase was more than I was used to (or expected) and I needed to be extra cautious. So far so good.

Sadly curbed my rear passenger wheel while moving through a parking lot (odd how I’ve never done that with much larger vehicles). Looks pretty gnarly and goes around half of the rim on my 21” uberturbine wheels. Ironically, I already have an appointment for the Tesla on 4/1 to deal with the front passenger seatbelt sensor being faulty (has had error 3-4x). I added curb rash to the appointment under “other” with a photo as the Tire section for service does not seem to mention this service. I know most other dealerships tend to just outsource this to some mobile van that comes to their shop 1x a week. Unfortunately, the ability to speak with someone at Tesla seems non-existent as to whether they even have this capability or even outsource it to someone. I made the appointment on 4/1 like three weeks ago and I’ve yet to even hear from a Tesla employee about this upcoming appointment, estimates, etc. Does not give me high confidence that they will address me on the wheel issue and then I’ll have to find someone to do this on my own. Does anybody know if this is a service that Tesla offers?
I should ask my Tesla showroom since I did the same exact thing on my test drive. I offered to pay for the damage and they said it was a risk they accept.

Anyone had curb rash repaired in the Chicago area? Looking for a shop/mobile service with great reviews and experience with Tesla wheels.
I am having a local guy Chicago burbs come to my house Tuesday to fix two wheels sad part is i had no idea when it happens

$150 two wheels see before pictures
I will give you his information if you are interested

Attachments

• B4910C0A-6659-4674-98F2-D20F638B33F3.jpeg
    B4910C0A-6659-4674-98F2-D20F638B33F3.jpeg
    390.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 24717321-5517-49F5-B04B-C95CF3066D51.jpeg
    24717321-5517-49F5-B04B-C95CF3066D51.jpeg
    399.6 KB · Views: 128
This. If you want better feedback give an actual location and not just "USA" in your profile.

In Southern California I would recommend Dr Wheel for mobile repair. But not knowing your location……. ? Can’t really help right away.
Thanks for sharing info about dr. Wheel. I’m in their service area & will try them for my yearly wheel revitalization 🤣. I curbed my 21” badly on second day of ownership In 12/201. wheel had a deep dent. Tesla ended up sevicing my car for multiple panel gaps & body shop left frunk open during an unexpected rare Los Angeles brief rain which ruined some low voltage controllers & took 3 weeks to sort out. Tesla SC felt bad and gave me a new wheel when they noticed the damaged wheel. I curbed it again 3 months later but not a dent like first time at least.
When my tire need replacing I might look in to alternate sizes which fit 21” but offer more wheel protection. Few threads on here about those sizes. I’ll be getting 18” at some point to use for long road trips.

I am having a local guy Chicago burbs come to my house Tuesday to fix two wheels sad part is i had no idea when it happens

$150 two wheels see before pictures
I will give you his information if you are interested
Similar to what I had. Not too bad, but I'm OCD when it comes to wheels on my vehicles. I ended up going with these guys after the Tesla service center recommended them:

EXTREMELY satisfied. Wheel is like new. Indistinguishable from the other 3. I paid 150 for one wheel, so your price is def better.

Let me know how your repair goes.

My wife curbed both R front and rear wheels the first time she ever drove/parked the Model Y in front of the house.

I'm sure it's different depending on where you are as OCJeff and Patrick pointed out. I already had an appointment with mobile service for the Homelink install and I asked them if they repaired wheels and he gave me the number of the guy they (Costa Mesa service center) use. Communicated through text and a guy repaired the wheels (while sending progress pics) at my office. I sent a Zelle payment and that was it. $100/wheel. I don't even know what he looks like but the wheel looks indistinguishable from new, even up close.

View attachment 783472
Look how new the tires were :D
View attachment 783474View attachment 783475View attachment 783479
Hey Daniel I live in Costa Mesa,mind sharing the number for the person who fixed the rim. Thank you.