Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Tesla Shop Customer Support Even Exist?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a new UMC from the Tesla online shop in November. Received shortly thereafter an open box (seriously, not even a sticker holding it closed) without any shipping packaging of any kind and inside was a UMC that was very evidently used heavily in the past. Full of scuffs and animal hair, and has been beaten up a bit through evident use. I'm not one to complain, usually, but if I pay $300 for a new item, I don't expect to receive a second hand item, likely returned for who-knows what reason.

I've followed all the Tesla instructions--I've written to Tesla at their email ([email protected]), I've started a "return item" process on the shop page...The webpage said something to the effect of "the return process has commenced, we will contact you in 24-48 hours." All of that was a week ago. I've received no response from Tesla whatsoever. Not even an acknowledgment that they've received my emails or return request.

The chat option seems to be disabled, and there is no phone number I can find to contact them. I tried roadservice support because I have no other number, and they couldn't help either, just told me to go to the website. At this point, I'm more than a little frustrated. If anyone has any ideas, I would be grateful. Thank you.

Since your profile says you are in Miami and Tesla has 3 showrooms in Miami, I would just drive over to the nearest showroom and tell them that you are there to return the package in person.
That's actually a great idea. I might just do that. I have to be frank, I've had terrible experiences in my local service center...the people there don't seem to know a great deal, and care even less. If I can't get this resolved, I'll do just that, but the service center has rarely been the place to fix problems. lol

That's actually a great idea. I might just do that. I have to be frank, I've had terrible experiences in my local service center...the people there don't seem to know a great deal, and care even less. If I can't get this resolved, I'll do just that, but the service center has rarely been the place to fix problems. lol

Perhaps try the 2nd closest showroom then. Or 3rd, or 6th. I can't believe how many showrooms you have in south Florida.

Not that it helps you, but the people at my showroom have always been very helpful and pleasant to deal with. Want to go on a 3000mile road trip?

Perhaps try the 2nd closest showroom then. Or 3rd, or 6th. I can't believe how many showrooms you have in south Florida.

Not that it helps you, but the people at my showroom have always been very helpful and pleasant to deal with. Want to go on a 3000mile road trip?
Yeah, we have 3 showrooms, but only one service center...some time ago, I kept getting the runaround on an issue on the model x and ended up going up north about 100 miles to another service center that had a lot more knowledgeable and capable people...perhaps I'll do that now. Kind of ridiculous to have to do that, on top of how ridiculous it is to get an open and used item straight from the Tesla shop...Thanks, man.

I have never received any kind of response to any of the forms I have filled out to contact Tesla shop people (assuming it is not all run by robots). For some weird reason, every browser I have used on my computer gets a "Forbidden" error when I try going to the shop. I have tried clearing every imaginable cache down to the system level, and the same thing. My phone on the same network gets to the shop site fine. I have tried contacting them using the online form and email both with zero response.

Back in the olden days, companies gave you a phone number to call and speak with someone. Apparently that is a relic of the pre-internet-AI-robot-person-replacing-in-the-pursuit-of-shareholder-return days.

Same issue, submitted a return request over almost two weeks ago with no response. Did one a few weeks ago and got a label in a couple of days via email.
I just got a response via email apologizing and sending me a return label via email, as well as a confirmation of an order being placed and shipping soon, so hopefully, this will resolve the issue...I don't blame the customer service people, they're probably super-swamped. I imagine they are really just short-staffed. It's really odd to me that a company that has so much in terms of resources and liquidity, chooses to neglect their customer service staffing and resources. Brand loyalty means a lot of future business, not just from that consumer...they need to step it up.

I ordered a bunch of merch from the app and a sweatshirt was missing. I reached out to onlineorders@tesla and pictured was the response I received. Why are they referring me to locate the nearest shop? The sweatshirt was purchased online....

Attachments

• B9A0F1D0-5A7A-436E-B805-769383761440.jpeg
    B9A0F1D0-5A7A-436E-B805-769383761440.jpeg
    545.3 KB · Views: 233
placed an order for NEMA adaptor on 1/3, received the shipment on 1/7. however when I open the box, it had some sort of cabin filter, nothing remotely close to what I ordered. sent multiple email to online orders email account, filled out the return form, even got hold of customer service chat (not for e-commerce division). nothing. if I don't hear from them by Monday, I am disputing the charge with my credit card company and let them deal with Tesla.