Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Tesla show their "best" financing rates on the payment estimator?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

voip-ninja

Give me some sugar baby
Mar 15, 2012
Colorado
I have a MY that's supposed to be delivered sometime in the next 2-4 weeks although I don't yet have a VIN.

Tesla sent me a message about trade in and I asked them to open up the financing option for my reservation.

Are the estimated payment values shown the "best" rate it's possible to get if I use Tesla to broker financing? It appears to be around 4.9% on a 60 or 72 month loan and I can probably do a little better with some other companies.

Thanks

The payment calculator for Tesla financing is based on assumptions that you have good credit. The financing team will run your credit through the Tesla approved financing first, depending on rate approved, they may shop it around to other creditors and provide only (1) as the best option. You will not see the other offers listed, Tesla makes the choice for you.

Something to note - In the past, some folks have successfully gotten their initial loan offer rate reduced by emailing [email protected]. I tried to do this at the end of December when I was buying my M3LR but, the rate I was offered at the time was apparently their "floor" rate within their pool of lenders.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230121_035111.png
    Screenshot_20230121_035111.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 83
Are the estimated payment values shown the "best" rate it's possible to get if I use Tesla to broker financing? It appears to be around 4.9% on a 60 or 72 month loan and I can probably do a little better with some other companies.

This came up many times - you can always find slightly better rates elsewhere.
Tesla doesn't own an "in house" financing arm, and just resells 3rd party financing options (partner banks vary over time), at a markup.

HTH,
a