Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Tesla take a trade-in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I have read that this isn't done in the USA, however I think I recall someone mentioning that it has been done here in Oz.
Can anyone give any details if this is true or not, and if it is, what was their experience. By the way I have a 2012 Holden Volt.
Best to ask Tesla direct but it's likely that they will simply ring a wholesaler and you will be disappointed with the offer.

unique cars like a Holden volt your best selling price, will be with people who already appreciate EVs. there are a couple dealers who are more keen than others any which is listed as a AEVA corporate member Corporate Members | AEVA berwick mitsubishi has some i-mievs they are trying to shift.

also this forum, AEVA and ATA are good places to advertise

Tesla in Australia don't offer trade-ins. They use a company called Stratton's, that will purchase the car from you at a similar trade-in price to a dealership. I went through this process a few weeks ago and sold by Audi at a price that I was happy with. All in all, it was far more enjoyable experience that the usual rubbish that you have to endure, when you sell via a dealer. The crucial thing to remember is that Stratton (as with all dealers) need to make a few dollars on the transaction, so make sure you have realistic expectations on the value of your old car before you contact them.