TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Does the 2013 Model S have a "homing" capability?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Jennifer Croll, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Jennifer Croll

Jennifer Croll New Member

I was told that the 2013 Model S has a "homing capability" download that came out in late 2014 or beginning of 2015. Does anyone know about that?

2. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Yes. I forgot which update is was, but it prompted you to identify locations as home and work. In addition to being able to use "home" and "work" as voice commands or tapping the words on the nav screen, at the appropriate times of day it checks traffic to home or work and displays an option for alternate route if there is a delay-- even when you aren't using nav.

3. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

yes, it works great! I forget exactly how to set that up but its pretty obvious to mark your "home" and "work" locations. The car then makes some assumptions about going to 'work' in the morning and returning 'home' at night. My 2012 Sig had that feature from one of the (many) updates it received over the 4 years I owned it.

Its (almost) always a good day when you get the software update available message!

4. Jennifer Croll

Jennifer Croll New Member

Thank you so much. Was that update available in in beginning of 2015?

5. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Why does it matter when that feature became available?

6. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

Note that this is not any sort of self driving capability, it just adds it to the Nav.