Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the 2020 Model S Performance do one pedal driving?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I test drove a Model 3 performance and I loved the one pedal driving and that it came to a full stop without pressing. I drove the car around the city for 30 minutes and did not press the break pedal a single time.

Does the 2020 Model S Performance come to a full stop without pressing the break pedal. I know Musk talked about all 2020 Tesla's being capable of true one pedal driving, just have not found much about it.

"I'm taking a 2020 Model S for a test drive tomorrow so I'll let you know if nobody replies :)"

What I find interesting is the regen lets up slightly just before the stop so you don’t get that tiny jerk to the occupants with a constant brake stop, just like my dad taught me. Those software guys don’t miss a trick.

Indeed, it's quite sublime! Better than I can do myself sometimes. Too bad TACC/AP won't do same. It's still like a teenager on RedBull.

• Funny
Reactions: doofenshmirtz
Thanks everyone for the replies and info. I ordered the 2020 Performance (Raven) so I will be able to enjoy not pressing the break pedal as much!.

My test drive is a little over an hour away, I'll let you know how it goes :)

With the rolling out of update 2020.16.2 ... i noticed that the regen has been lot less agressive than before. Earlier the car used to brake quite aggresively and was quite helpful in cases where you just had a split second to react... however now it keeps roling and doesnt come to a standatill immediately and hence the use of brake becomes inevitable sometimes

With the rolling out of update 2020.16.2 ... i noticed that the regen has been lot less agressive than before. Earlier the car used to brake quite aggresively and was quite helpful in cases where you just had a split second to react... however now it keeps roling and doesnt come to a standatill immediately and hence the use of brake becomes inevitable sometimes

I did not check the software version on the car I test drove. Is your's the Raven?

All current models, yes. But older Model S/X do not come to full stop; regen stops below about 4 mph and then you coast.
My understanding is that there was a software upgrade a couple of years ago that stopped the car if there was a car stopped in front of you, even if you were not on autopilot (it does stop you on autopilot on my 2015 MS so the car clearly "knows" how to do this). I expected the upgrade which I believe my son got on his 2018 M3 but it never came. Any idea why not? Seems like a purely software thing.