Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the 2021 Model X come with a HEPA filter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw the option to purchase a HEPA filter on the Tesla website for $500. Is this just for replacement?

1. Does the 2021 Model X come with a HEPA filter installed? Or do you have to buy one and install it after delivery?

2. How do I check if my car has a HEPA filter installed? Is there a setting somewhere in the UI?

3. How often should you change out the filter? Is there a place in the UI that tells you when you should change your filter?

Thanks!

I saw the option to purchase a HEPA filter on the Tesla website for $500. Is this just for replacement?

1. Does the 2021 Model X come with a HEPA filter installed? Or do you have to buy one and install it after delivery?

2. How do I check if my car has a HEPA filter installed? Is there a setting somewhere in the UI?

3. How often should you change out the filter? Is there a place in the UI that tells you when you should change your filter?

Thanks!

1. All Model S & X since 2018 have the HEPA filter as standard.
2. See 1 .... also you'll have the Bioweapon defence button in your HVAC controls.
3. Tesla recommends replacing the HEPA filter every 3 years, AFAIK the car will give no warning.

Reactions: andysctu
1. All Model S & X since 2018 have the HEPA filter as standard.
2. See 1 .... also you'll have the Bioweapon defence button in your HVAC controls.
3. Tesla recommends replacing the HEPA filter every 3 years, AFAIK the car will give no warning.
i believe it’s June 2018 on when they included premium upgrade as standard, not all 2018.

Reactions: ARMARM