Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the 2021 Model X come with a HEPA filter?

andysctu

Dec 10, 2020
San Francisco
I saw the option to purchase a HEPA filter on the Tesla website for $500. Is this just for replacement?

1. Does the 2021 Model X come with a HEPA filter installed? Or do you have to buy one and install it after delivery?

2. How do I check if my car has a HEPA filter installed? Is there a setting somewhere in the UI?

3. How often should you change out the filter? Is there a place in the UI that tells you when you should change your filter?

Thanks!

ARMARM

Jan 25, 2018
Outer SW Sydney, NSW Australia
I saw the option to purchase a HEPA filter on the Tesla website for $500. Is this just for replacement?

1. Does the 2021 Model X come with a HEPA filter installed? Or do you have to buy one and install it after delivery?

2. How do I check if my car has a HEPA filter installed? Is there a setting somewhere in the UI?

3. How often should you change out the filter? Is there a place in the UI that tells you when you should change your filter?

Thanks!

1. All Model S & X since 2018 have the HEPA filter as standard.
2. See 1 .... also you'll have the Bioweapon defence button in your HVAC controls.
3. Tesla recommends replacing the HEPA filter every 3 years, AFAIK the car will give no warning.

Reactions: andysctu

outie

May 22, 2016
SoCal
1. All Model S & X since 2018 have the HEPA filter as standard.
2. See 1 .... also you'll have the Bioweapon defence button in your HVAC controls.
3. Tesla recommends replacing the HEPA filter every 3 years, AFAIK the car will give no warning.
i believe it’s June 2018 on when they included premium upgrade as standard, not all 2018.

Reactions: ARMARM

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC