TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Does the 70D have an auto closing charge port?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by travwill, May 14, 2015.

1. travwill

travwill Active Member

I saw this in a video with a 85D and was curious if new D70s also have the auto closing charge port? Anyone able to confirm yet?

2. travwill

travwill Active Member

Now that are some more 70Ds out there, can any of the owners confirm the charge port door auto closes like 85D?

3. lg_golfs

lg_golfs Member

It does!

The DSP said its standard on all dual motor cars. Not sure if he is correct. Just sharing what I was told.

4. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

Isn't it standard on all new cars, 70/85, Ds or otherwise?! They've moved onto the auto-closing port across the board, no?!

5. Rama

Rama Member

I thought I replied to this already. :confused: As a 70D owner i can provide confirmation that it does auto close.

6. breser

breser AutoPilot Nostradamus

If they have I haven't heard of anyone talking about it. But at this point I'm betting the RWD 85 is gone soon.

7. travwill

travwill Active Member

Awesome and thanks and done deal for anyone else asking.

THE 70D, 85D, AND P85D ALL HAVE AUTO CLOSING CHARGE PORTS! (there, for anyone else searching) :)