Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

does the alarm not auto-set if you leave a door open?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mrklaw

Mar 5, 2020
Berkshire
I've just glanced outside and noticed the rear drivers side door is ajar and the window is down a little bit. Gave my daughter and her friends a lift back yesterday and her friend couldn't work out how to open the door so she got out the passenger side and I thought nothing of it. I guess she did press the button but then didn't push the door open?

Surprised me - the app is saying the car is parked with a helpful animation of the rear door swinging wide open! I'd have expected after a while the alarm would have set or at least the app would have alerted me - its been sat overnight for 16 hours now.

You are looking in the app. The notification setting to turn on for this feature is in the car, actually

tap car icon, locks, scroll down till you see it:

IMG_1171.JPG

Note however that I am in the US, but I doubt this setting is different where you are vs where I am.

Reactions: Nick77 and Mrklaw
thanks! - I’ll check later. Is it defaulted to off? I haven’t changed anything since picking up. Would be good to be able to remotely access all car settings and not have some in the app/some in the car

Yeah I think it defaults to off, but am not 100% sure on that. I just got a Model Y for my wife (after owning a model 3 since 2018) and she and I spent 20-30 minutes in the car tapping each menu choice with her in the drivers seat, and setting up settings accordingly.

I took this pic from my car, not hers, but its the same location. I dont remember 100% if it defaulted on or off, but I know I wanted it on (lol).

Reactions: Mrklaw