Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the center console, dash and app show correct car configuration?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It sounds like the car graphic in the center console, dash and phone app match the configuration of your car. Can anyone confirm that the dark grey 21" turbine wheels (not silver) and CF spoiler are shown on the in car displays and the phone app (assuming you have those options)? Does it match the interior seat options as well (black, grey, tan)?

Is there anything that is not properly displayed? I have read that the MC Red does not display in the phone app.

Options I am hoping will display:
- Silver paint
- Dark Grey 21" wheels
- Black leather interior
- CF spoiler

It sounds like the car graphic in the center console, dash and phone app match the configuration of your car. Can anyone confirm that the dark grey 21" turbine wheels (not silver) and CF spoiler are shown on the in car displays and the phone app (assuming you have those options)? Does it match the interior seat options as well (black, grey, tan)?

Is there anything that is not properly displayed? I have read that the MC Red does not display in the phone app.

Options I am hoping will display:
- Silver paint
- Dark Grey 21" wheels
- Black leather interior
- CF spoiler
A friend of mine has the MC Red and no, it doesn't work. Until I read this, I thought it was a configuration error in his car in their database, but maybe not?

Mine has always appeared flawlessly. Even realized other day at car wash for first time that when doors are opened, that shows.

Everything should display your exact configuration ...

There was some mention about new colors not yet updated ... mentioning the app needed to be updated (which IMO is BS because the car would need the info separately from the remote app).

Engineering can make changes remotely. I know, I've had it done.

Everything should display your exact configuration ...

There was some mention about new colors not yet updated ... mentioning the app needed to be updated (which IMO is BS because the car would need the info separately from the remote app).

Engineering can make changes remotely. I know, I've had it done.

Not sure why you think it's BS. If MC Red is not coded into the iPhone/Android app then there's no change that engineering can push to make it appear Red (unless they defaulted to Sig Red). Engineering can update the app, of course, but I imagine they will want some more features included before doing so and going through the iTunes and other app store approvals

In car display is another matter completely, of course.

Everything should display your exact configuration ...There was some mention about new colors not yet updated ... mentioning the app needed to be updated (which IMO is BS because the car would need the info separately from the remote app). Engineering can make changes remotely. I know, I've had it done.

Not sure why you think it's BS. If MC Red is not coded into the iPhone/Android app then there's no change that engineering can push to make it appear Red (unless they defaulted to Sig Red). Engineering can update the app, of course, but I imagine they will want some more features included before doing so and going through the iTunes and other app store approvals. In car display is another matter completely, of course.

@steve841, it is most definitely not BS. @JohnQ is right. If you read the VisibleTesla thread, one weekend at the Menlo Park cars & coffee @jpasqua and I sat down together to debug some multicoat red display bugs in his java app. We traced it to wrong images in the iPhone app whose image database you can view and which clearly doesn't have all the variants necessary to display correctly the multicoat red car. So that explained two problems, and is why the phone app for now displays a non-colored shell for the MC red. @jpasqua then fixed it by hand for his program.

I think @steve841 cleared up what he was referring to. The OP was discussing both in car and app displays. @steve841 was referencing the car display, in which case he was absolutely right. I referenced the app. Normal forum communication confusions.