Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the current refreshed 90D have secret capacity up to a 100D?

Will the refreshed Model S 90 have a software upgrade to 100 in the future?

• Yes

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 63 77.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually I talked to a Tesla rep managing one of the Supercharger locations. He confirmed that the charge rate is throttled by Tesla based on how much you need to discourage folks from topping off. According to the rep, if you only need 50 miles the car will charge super slowly, where as the rate for folks showing up needing hundreds of miles will charge almost up to the max 370 miles per hour. So not sure that's a good indicator, plus if Tesla can software limit the battery, they could also easily simulate a 90 kWh battery even if physically 100 kWh was in there.

Not saying you are wrong, it's anyone's guess, just not sure of the reasoning.

Ah, so that explains why heavily used superchargers have lines. Because throttling one user, which will result on those needing to go father having to wait longer, will encourage them to leave singer sooner. Um no :rolleyes:

Reactions: brkaus
Ah, so that explains why heavily used superchargers have lines. Because throttling one user, which will result on those needing to go father having to wait longer, will encourage them to leave singer sooner. Um no :rolleyes:

Geez. That's what I get for trying to whack out that message with the standard samsung swype like keyboard on my note 4 rather than just downloading Swype which is far more accurate.

I stopped by the Portland service center today. My headlights had been whining and they wanted to check it out. I now have to take it back when they get the parts.

In any case, as I was leaving I looked at the line of cars parked around the side of the building. There was a Model X 60D parked out front. I didn't know they completed any as 60s. It must have terrible range. I also saw a brand new Model S with paper plates and no badge on the trunk. It's always possible it's a car with a 75 pack that won't be badged until as a 60 or 75 until it's sold.