Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the Jaguar I-Pace Seat 5 and can be purchased in 2018?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
Just really curious on the two claims.

The two rear Model X seats look more spacious than two of the middle I-Pace "Middle seats?"

jaguar-said-in-a-statement-that-taking-a-cab-forward-design-approach-frees-up-room-in-the-interior-to-make-it-more-spacious.jpg

i'd say 4 people comfortably, and yes june/july next year it will be here, i've already got an invitation to see it as soon as it arrives.

i spoke to Jaguar and they told me cost would be 10-15% above a comparatively equipped F-Pace. i maxed out a top model F-Pace and it looks like the I-Pace will be in the $90k range...

i'd say 4 people comfortably, and yes june/july next year it will be here, i've already got an invitation to see it as soon as it arrives.

i spoke to Jaguar and they told me cost would be 10-15% above a comparatively equipped F-Pace. i maxed out a top model F-Pace and it looks like the I-Pace will be in the $90k range...

Did you get a sense that Jaguar could actually confidently service these vehicles nationwide? I would be surprised even for example if they had 48AMP charging at all of their dealerships at this time.

Good luck getting it charged and serviced.

My wife's 2 year old Macan has had three safety recalls along with four other failed parts. My conclusion is that Porsche can't make a high volume car sucessfully.

She'll be driving a three by next year.....

couple things...

in response to charging there's a rumor that Jaguar might partner with the Supercharger net work: Could a Tesla-Jaguar Partnership Be in the Works? | Inside EVs

Also we're talking Jag not Porsche...different companies for sure.

Last edited:
Just really curious on the two claims.

The two rear Model X seats look more spacious than two of the middle I-Pace "Middle seats?"

A few points:

1) That is a concept interior, hard to say what the final will exactly look like, space-wise or otherwise.

2) The I-Pace, of course, is a class smaller than Model X with the cons and pros that come with that.

3) Have you actually sat in your third row? ;) To me that looks infinitely more spacious...

It does not match up with the Model X in shoulder room.

The comparison was to Model X third-row (the two rear seats), which has no shoulder room. I am expecting I-Pace to do better on its second row. Actually, it does not sound impossible it might even have more shoulder room towards the doors than a six-seater Model X.

One thing is sure: What the I-Pace won't do better, is the five(+) adults scenario. We shall see how four works out.

Frankly, a comparison of I-Pace's space to being less than a Model X third-row - and your background - reads to me more of a hit-piece on the I-Pace than anything else. Just saying how it IMO looks.

It was a genuine question. I would be a Seeking Alpha writer if my goal was just to write hit pieces and burn things down.

I think that the i-Pace should definitely be able to sit 4 Adults without question. I am wondering what the space in between two rear sets could be used for. I was saying I think that middle space *times* two would not equal the rear row of the Model X.

These things really matter as my Gen 2 Volt supposedly seats five but that middle seat in the back is completely neutralized with two car seats installed. Even without car seats, I don't see it being comfortable at all for 3 adults.

It was a genuine question. I would be a Seeking Alpha writer if my goal was just to write hit pieces and burn things down.

I of course have no knowledge of your motivation, nor am I claiming any. A short post like #1 just read that way to me. It seemed like a weird comparison to compare "two rear Model X seats look more spacious than two of the middle I-Pace Middle seats". Hence I did not get the same idea as some that this would be more suited for a Jaguar forum, it felt intended for a Tesla audience that might ponder waiting for the I-Pace.

Just letting you know how it read to me. I am more than happy to discuss the questions to the best of my ability, of course, as I have.

I think that the i-Pace should definitely be able to sit 4 Adults without question. I am wondering what the space in between two rear sets could be used for. I was saying I think that middle space *times* two would not equal the rear row of the Model X.

In that concept the middle space certainly can not be used for anything but added inner elbow room and maybe some small items. However, it is not unheard of for European car manufacturers to have excessively stylized rear-seats in concept cars where the middle-seat is sacrificed to allow for a more flamboyant design for the side seats... Hence we don't think we know yet (@smac?) in what style or format that will actually go to production.

There are of course some rear-bench cars that are available as four-seaters as option or only as four-seaters. This allows for perhaps a small container or a fixed arm-rest in the middle and perhaps deeper/wider bucket seats on the sides, basically a bit nicer rear-seat for two at the cost of no space for three. Often this has been the domain of coupe and cabriolet versions of smaller cars and on the other end, of high-end executive sedans... but not unheard of in the SUV space either (think the likes of BMW X6).

Here is what the five-seating Jaguar F-Pace rear seat looks like. It may or may not give us some relevant hints:

jaguar-f-pace-s-rear-seats.jpg

Some more thoughts in the other thread: Jaguar I-Pace