TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Does the keycard work from inside a wallet?

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by BlueWRXPride, Jun 19, 2018.

1. BlueWRXPride

BlueWRXPride Member

Like the title says, if I leave the keycard in my wallet, can I just hold the wallet to the b-pillar to unlock the car? Will it read it through the wallet?

2. phigment

phigment Member

Mine works through my wallet if I have it in the cash section closest to the outside leather. If I put it in the credit card spaces it won't work.

• Like x 1
  3. Scrutmonkey

Scrutmonkey Member

Yup, same here, I have inside, but only has 1 layer of the wallet as a barrier. It reads fine. if I move it to a slot...there is too much room for the signal to pass through everything.

4. SDKoala

SDKoala RWD LR

I do it all the time. Just make sure your wallet doesn't have RFID blocking built-in. I have a prox card for work too and they don't interfere with each other even though they are right next to each other.

5. David L

David L Member

It works for me, although I don't make any effort to ensure that there's only 1 layer of wallet as a barrier. It worked earlier today through... 2 layers of leather, 1 layer of cloth, and 9 bills.

6. suwaneedad

suwaneedad Member

What's a wallet?

• Funny x 1