Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the M3 make the Model S look a bit dated?

Does the M3 make the Model S look a bit dated?

• Heck Yes

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Blasphemy!!!

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Both look equally fresh

Votes: 35 67.3%
  • I have no idea. I'm blind

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't vote because there isn't a choice that fits my opinion. Pre-refresh Model S looks dated compared to the 3. Post-refresh Model S does not. While the S nose cone wasn't awful, it was one of the weaker parts of the design in my opinion. Looks are very subjective though.

• Helpful
Reactions: smythey
I voted yes as there is a lot more overhang and higher hood on the S. Still a great looking car but as far as the side profile is concerned it it looks dated compared to the M3's if for no other reason than the front and rear overhang. The refresh I think really helped the front end of the S and the older version looks much more dated to me.

Last edited:
I think not, because the S refresh brought it in line with the design cues of the X and 3. And even if it still looks more conservative than the 3, the high-end luxury car market tends to be aimed at a slightly more conservative market than the low-end luxury car market. That's a generalization, I know, but there is truth to it.