Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the model 3 actually have a trunk in the front?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0521.JPG
A "frunk", yes it does. However from the pictures it appears to be quite a bit smaller than the model S frunk.

I've been thinking about making the frunk a ball pit

So tempting to do that just so that you can take it to a mechanic who's not familiar with EVs and watch the expression on his face when he opens it expecting to see the motor. ;) Hmm, a hamster on a wheel hooked up by alligator clips to some alkaline batteries would do the trick as well ;)

I wonder if that picture is of the dual motor Model 3. It looks like the picture is from the first launch event and I'm pretty sure they had the dual motor cars there for test drives. It looks similar to the dual-motor Model S frunk. Assuming the Model 3 doesn't have bio defense mode, the RWD 3 should have a larger frunk, like the RWD Model S only slightly smaller.

I wonder if that picture is of the dual motor Model 3. It looks like the picture is from the first launch event and I'm pretty sure they had the dual motor cars there for test drives. It looks similar to the dual-motor Model S frunk. Assuming the Model 3 doesn't have bio defense mode, the RWD 3 should have a larger frunk, like the RWD Model S only slightly smaller.
I really wouldn't expect anything larger than that for rear wheel models. Remember, they brought the cabin up closer to the front, so that would sacrifice frunk space.

Like how Model S moved to the same frunk sizes for both RWD and AWD to simplify production, I don't expect the 3 to have two frunk sizes. Model 3 is even more about simplifying production, so it makes even less sense to have two frunk sizes.

Reactions: garsh
Like how Model S moved to the same frunk sizes for both RWD and AWD to simplify production, I don't expect the 3 to have two frunk sizes. Model 3 is even more about simplifying production, so it makes even less sense to have two frunk sizes.
I thought the Models S smaller frunk was due to the bio-defense mode on RWD cars. If the 3 doesn't have bio-defense, I believe they will make a larger frunk on RWD models.

So tempting to do that just so that you can take it to a mechanic who's not familiar with EVs and watch the expression on his face when he opens it expecting to see the motor. ;) Hmm, a hamster on a wheel hooked up by alligator clips to some alkaline batteries would do the trick as well ;)
Funny idea, but in reality I won't be taking my Tesla to anyone who looks under the hood for an engine. I think at most, I'll go to my local Midas to have my tires rotated.