Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the Model 3 have Low and Standard Regen Options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aren't the three stopping modes related to the regen choice; i.e., Creep, Roll, and Hold, where Hold provides the max regen?

Thats not what they were asking, though, and those (creep, roll, hold) are not related to how strong the regen is but whether the car will come to a complete stop without using the brake pedal, or coast, and / or move forward when the brake pedal is not pushed (like an ICE car).

older model 3s and Ys have an actual category for regen strength (low / standard), that 2021 and newer do not have.

• Informative
Reactions: T4M3
Thats not what they were asking, though, and those (creep, roll, hold) are not related to how strong the regen is but whether the car will come to a complete stop without using the brake pedal, or coast, and / or move forward when the brake pedal is not pushed (like an ICE car).

older model 3s and Ys have an actual category for regen strength (low / standard), that 2021 and newer do not have.
Hope this helps. From a 2020 M3

Attachments

• D5B9C16B-D1EA-462C-9336-B416877F2239.jpeg
    D5B9C16B-D1EA-462C-9336-B416877F2239.jpeg
    855 KB · Views: 204
Reactions: jjrandorin
I thought we all had that until it was updated away...

It hasn’t been updated away and most likely won’t be. I thought I read that Tesla took away the low regen option in order to get the higher EPA range ratings on the newer models. Since the older models have a lower rated range based on having a low regen option, there’s no reason to take it away.

I wish they had just rebadged low-regen to "snow mode" instead getting rid of it completely. I find low-regen very useful when the road is slippery. Trying to modulate the brake pedal to prevent excessive braking on the rear tires in snow is extremely hard.

Reactions: googlepeakoil
I wish they had just rebadged low-regen to "snow mode" instead getting rid of it completely. I find low-regen very useful when the road is slippery. Trying to modulate the brake pedal to prevent excessive braking on the rear tires in snow is extremely hard.
Agree, low regeneration or off regeneration is really helpful in powder or slushy snow conditions