TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Does the Model 3 have TPMS as standard?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Falkirk, Jul 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Falkirk

Falkirk Member

I was just filling up my van and guessing which tire the sensor thought was low when I thought about the 3. I haven't seen any info on this feature and was curious if it's been mentioned or seen on the UI yet?

I couldn't wait until tomorrow to know! haha

2. KarenRei

KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei

For all we know, the tires are magnetically suspended from the rims ;)

• Funny x 1
  3. trm2

trm2 Member

All cars sold in the US after 9/1/07 must have TPMS, I doubt they would make it without it.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 3
  4. mike25

mike25 Member

Anybody know if the TPMS is like in the model S and display the pressure of each tire? I have that in my current car and it is very useful compare to just the low pressure message on some random wheel?

5. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Sigh... one more item that we need to wait for a 'real' review. My current car (2009 BMW) just has lights that illuminate, scaring the crap out of you, when usually it's just the normal leaking of an air molecule or two, and it's down to the threshold, but you can't tell that without getting out of the car (and getting a gauge if it's not flat!).

I also do hope it has the four numeric measurements like the S and X!