Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the Model Y 2022 have to two levels of door seal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gillfoto

Wilderness Buggy
May 16, 2013
AK
Does the Model Y 2022 have to two levels of door seal?

The reason I asked is since I've just installed it on my wife's 2020 Model Y - The Basenor "Door Seal Kit" from China. I'll most probably order another Kit for my 2023 Model Y, not to mention Mud flaps and protective film for rear wheel arches. It would nice to see Tesla include in the standard package.
IMG_2362.jpg

Last edited:
What advantage does it give you? Is it just to keep the door sills clean, or does it make a significant sound difference?
Based on most feedback from Youtubers, you'll be looking at 3dB to 5 dB of difference, which means you may or may not notice the difference depending on your hearing. It may help keeping debris and/or moisture from reaching further into the sills, but that may be about it. Most aftermarket sound-dampening gimmicks are exactly that, gimmicks, but it does make some feel better.

Upvote 0
Based on most feedback from Youtubers, you'll be looking at 3dB to 5 dB of difference, which means you may or may not notice the difference depending on your hearing. It may help keeping debris and/or moisture from reaching further into the sills, but that may be about it. Most aftermarket sound-dampening gimmicks are exactly that, gimmicks, but it does make some feel better.
The dirt is an issue but more importantly the snow which gets in and turns to ice causing the doors to jam is not a great feature, thanks.

Reactions: PeteOC
Upvote 0
The dirt is an issue but more importantly the snow which gets in and turns to ice causing the doors to jam is not a great feature, thanks.
Certainly capable of doing that it seems, however, for the rear doors and I believe the trunk/frunk areas, you'd have cut off the trim due to overage with no instructions on how to seal the open ends. It would be better to make sure those open ends are sealed somehow (rubber glue?) to prevent dirt or moisture getting inside the trims.

Reactions: gillfoto
Upvote 0