Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the Model Y need this grill?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm obsessively gathering all of my accessories before I take delivery.

Weird request but could anyone of you guys check behind the driver and passenger seat to see if the Model Y has the same air vent opening and needs needs a rear seat air vent cover grill as the Model 3 does?

Screenshot_20200829-230334_Amazon Shopping.png
Screenshot_20200829-230414_Amazon Shopping.png
Screenshot_20200829-230457_Amazon Shopping.png

On my buddy's Model 3, he has just an opening and he's shared stories of misplaced keys and coins, slowly making its way into the vent openings on his Model 3 and I wanted to see if it was similar for the Y.

Thanks so much!

Reactions: KenYoung1
I'm obsessively gathering all of my accessories before I take delivery.

Weird request but could anyone of you guys check behind the driver and passenger seat to see if the Model Y has the same air vent opening and needs needs a rear seat air vent cover grill as the Model 3 does?

View attachment 582324
View attachment 582325
View attachment 582326

On my buddy's Model 3, he has just an opening and he's shared stories of misplaced keys and coins, slowly making its way into the vent openings on his Model 3 and I wanted to see if it was similar for the Y.

Thanks so much!

Following this one!

Has anybody found a solution that works on the y? Everything I read says the covers made for the 3 don’t fit, and I can’t find any made for the y. I have little kids, and I know the vents are destined to be clogged with toys

Reactions: KenYoung1
I thought this was not worth worrying about until my wife was driving the dog home from the kennel after vacation earlier this week and slammed the breaks with open dog food on the back seat, which is now mostly in the vent. I wonder if this will prevent it from coming out testing acceleration boost?