Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the Model Y need this grill?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Halpm3Pleas3 I'm curious if you could change the angle of the vent fins in your design, so they do direct the airflow straight back? I just installed the vents and it seems like the air gets directed straight up into the front seats.
Sure, I can try. When you say "straight back", do you mean directing airflow along the floor of the car or trying to direct it towards the back passenger seat area?

Sure, I can try. When you say "straight back", do you mean directing airflow along the floor of the car or trying to direct it towards the back passenger seat area?
Yeah, straight back along the floor. He's a super rudimentary drawing of the side view of the vent. It should make sense though.

vent.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Halpm3Pleas3
Did you get yours in a reasonable timeframe? I ordered this one early April and it seems to be coming from China with no tracking and is weeks past the original delivery estimate.
Order from Etsay - here in a week. Etsy has tape but not needed since grill snaps into place.

Order from Etsay - here in a week. Etsy has tape but not needed since grill snaps into place.

I wouldn't say mine snapped in but it did seem like they would stay in place without the tape. None the less, I used the tape. It's not like I plan to take them off ever.