TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Does the MS come with a center console and rear liftgate cover?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Barry, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Barry

Barry Member

Was browsing the accessories page and see these items listed there. Are these upgrades or does the MS not come with any center console and way to block prying eyes from the cargo area?
    Thanks.

2. zro ltr

zro ltr Member

You have to purchase the console separately, but the parcel shelf comes standard on all cars as of fairly recently.

3. LucM

LucM Member

On the console issue, I suggest driving it for a month or so before deciding what to do. I thought I would really want a console, but so far I enjoy the space. Bags from a small supermarket errand fit really nicely in there, wife loves putting her purse there, easy to get to the USB/12V charging outlets, etc.

4. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

+1

I thought I'd miss having a console there, but now I actually prefer it and would not get a console. I do like the Yacht floor though - makes the center area look a lot nicer.

5. Barry

Barry Member

Thanks, that's a good idea. I have a console in my current vehicle, but I'll see how I get along without it initially.

6. morbot

morbot Member

I really think I'm going to go with a console eventually. I haven't got my Model S yet, but I'm paranoid about leaving ANYTHING out in the open in a car.

There's not anywhere in the city that I would park and want to leave a bag, sunglasses, anything of value in plain view. Smash & grab is just too easy. But "smash and search around in hopes of something" is not worth the risk.

7. TES-E

TES-E Member

My wife absolutely loves the center console. I would have a serious domestic situation if I had not added it. She too doesn't want ANYTHING in view that might tempt someone.

8. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

Glovebox....

9. LucM

LucM Member

There is a small shelf under the center screen that can be used to store small items (sunglasses, mints, etc.) while keeping them away from prying eyes.

10. TES-E

TES-E Member

You do realize just how small that glove box is, right?

11. AoneOne

AoneOne Member

Use the frunk (I keep a box in the "microwave cubby") or the rear storage area (hidden with the parcel shelf). Nothing to see here.