Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the MYLR chime when backing up into obstacles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a year-old MYLR with software 2022.16.1.2. Let me preface this post by stating that I have not driven the Tesla for a couple months as I was out of state with a rental Subaru Forrester. Now that I'm home, in the past week, I've noticed that when I back up and see vehicles and people crossing my path in the rear, the Tesla does not chime or indicate any warnings. The Subaru has excellent safety features and would chime immediately when I enter reverse. I even did a small experiment where my wife walked behind the car while I was slowly backing up (brave woman, I know). I could see her on the rear camera but no chime or anything from the car. Now I am second-guessing myself if this car has a problem, or if this feature ever existed with the Tesla. Any thoughts?

When I put the car in reverse, does the model y have a safety feature that “beeps” if someone walks pass my car?

I was backing up and as I was backing up some lady walked by but I did not get any warning. Also coming out of the parking space, put the car in reverse and as I back up a car flew right by. No warning from the car. Am I missing something? My 2018 Toyota has it, but does my 2023 model Y have such feature.

I checked the safety section on the interface and no such feature.