Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the newest model S with wireless charging have higher watt USB ports?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My neighbor just took delivery and first thing he didn’t get those ugly wheel covers that show up on Tesla.com he got normal wheels like mine.
The wireless charger is where the USB ports are and it is a slide in so the phone is gripped and won’t topple over under acceleration which is good but there was not a lot of room in that slot so you better have a very slim case. Also it uses a USB port the cable goes under the rubber mat and is hooked up to the charger so nothing special I think it can be retro fitted into older cars unless they did this properly and upped the wattage so phone can charge faster as wireless charging is slow enough already.
He didn’t have the latest software yet so his fo screen still said long range and not long range plus. We also couldn’t find the seat controls on the center screen may be a software update thing as well.

Yeah. The newer seats with fixed headrests have been around for a while. There aren't any seat controls in the display and i suspect that wont change with the "long range plus" cars.

Are you saying he does not have lumbar controls on the side of the seat?