Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the order continue if I don't fill our registration & delivery info?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if the order will continue without filling out the registration & delivery info? Currently I am showing Feb-May 2023 delivery but I keep getting text asking me to fill out the registration. I have not yet fully decided if I want to go with X or Y (I have both orders in). But I want to make sure the order continues and will decide later on as I get closer to the delivery date. Does anyone know?

Thanks

Hi @moojimmy,

Your order(s) are frozen in time...
You are not getting any closer to delivery with an incomplete order...
Fill in the information on both cars and confirm with Tesla that the orders are complete.

As time passes with completed orders your delivery dates will get closer.

When you decide which car you want - Just cancel the other...

Good luck,

Shawn

• Informative
Reactions: MitchMitch
From my experience, I did pick the delivery destination but didn't fill out the registration information. I did receive text and email asking me to fill out the registration information but I never did. I still got the VIN and I filled out the registration 2 days before the scheduled delivery date. So I don't think completing the registration would make any different...Just FYI...

From my experience, I did pick the delivery destination but didn't fill out the registration information. I did receive text and email asking me to fill out the registration information but I never did. I still got the VIN and I filled out the registration 2 days before the scheduled delivery date. So I don't think completing the registration would make any different...Just FYI...
How do you pick the delivery destination without doing the registration? I don't see that option in the app. Thanks.

How do you pick the delivery destination without doing the registration? I don't see that option in the app. Thanks.
The delivery address is based on your account address. They will give you a few locations to choose near the account address. You can pick the location but don't need to fill out registration yet. With delivery address, Tesla is able to estimate your delivery window.

Update: After ignoring requests to fill in delivery info, I was txt by Tesla to do it or order will cancel. I talked to Tesla SA, didn't tell then about txt and they informed me of exact same info. Order was flagged with pending cancel. So reluctantly I gave the info.

EDD is Jan -Mar 2023 but I bet it becomes a Nov/Dec delivery. Asked SA how to prevent EDD moved up, he said I have to wait for a VIN and then put order on hold.

So now I watch to see if and when VIN is assigned. Hopefully not till Oct so I can put 90 day hold on it.

Reactions: dpham2001