Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the P3D - still exist?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are BACK and in current inventory. All exterior colors are available, but they all have black interior and 18 inch aero wheels. If anyone wants to connect to an owner advisor to order one, send me a PM and I'll give you contact info.

Reactions: MagnusMako
I just saw a truckload full yesterday heading into Chicago on Interstate 55! Almost sideswiped the truck hauling them as I was trying to take a photo! (For those not in the area, it was a snowy, sleet-filled Halloween here yesterday thus my AutoPilot had disengaged otherwise a quick photo wouldn’t have been an issue). Still—the carrier was full of 3s (and one S) and I could clearly see the presence of the red underline beneath dual motor on cars with 18s. So—seems like they’re being manufactured once again....?!? Good luck!

They are BACK and in current inventory. All exterior colors are available, but they all have black interior and 18 inch aero wheels. If anyone wants to connect to an owner advisor to order one, send me a PM and I'll give you contact info.

Thank you so much. Your guy was able to get me a Stealth and will be here in 2 weeks, 6 weeks ahead of my boring AWD lol.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: JBT66
I kinda assumed that they uncorked the AWD motor to the "P-" specs towards end of quarter to boost sales figures, as a discretionary action. (because they aren't priced higher than AWD)

But now on my local site I'm seeing the samples pop up here and then

It's not a false narrative- it's basic math.

he claimed there was a > $14,000 price difference from what he paid. that is the false narrative.

Here, give math a try!

$64,000- price he said he paid for a P3D-
-$5000 FUSC refund
-$7500 tax credit
-$350 extra HW he got new buyers don't
--------------
$51,150.

So about $1200 more than a "new" one costs today. Or about 3k if you get delivery of your new one before Dec 31 (though if that's possible is unclear since you can only get inventory ones and there seem to be few/none available right now).

And it's likely he saved a good chunk of even THAT much-smaller-than-he-claimed difference with a year of not buying gasoline rather than waiting a year to go to an EV (personally I save about $2000/yr not buying gas).

For AWD Model 3, this "OMG THEY OVERCHARGED ME" nonsense is even more untrue...It was $58,000 for one with EAP back last summer (53k car, 5k EAP)- with a $7500 tax rebate- so $50,500.

To get one today with the equivalent features it's $55,340 (blue, and FSD- plus homelink, 14-50, and phone cables). If I can take delivery before Dec 31 that's $53,465.

So 3-5k more today than a year ago... without counting the gas savings of that year.

If you add 3k for FSD on the last-years-one (which may start to matter sometime in the future but doesn't now) you're still equal or cheaper not having waited.

Speaking of false narratives :)

https://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-resale-value-awards/best-resale-electric-vehicle/

Best EV for resale? Tesla model 3.

Likewise the S has dominated resale of large luxury cars for years.

On the 3 there's comments here almost daily how stupidly high used car prices remain- (to be fair this is in part because Tesla still can't produce enough to meet all demand- but it's unclear when/if that will change)

You are really not that bright are you? Or intentionally hiding the free autopilot new cars get. When they sold that option, the full price was $3000.

You are really not that bright are you? Or intentionally hiding the free autopilot new cars get. When they sold that option, the full price was $3000.

I'm sorry you continue to suck at math dude....
(also facts, since you're getting lots of em wrong)

When he (and I- and everyone else who took delivery before March 2019) bought his car they didn't sell the current AP at any price.

Instead they sold EAP for $5000.

Which has all the same existing features FSD has now- which costs $7000. (well, 6k when I made the previous post).

Even more embarrassing for you is I called these numbers out in the post you were replying to but clearly did not understand the math contained in.

here it is again- maybe try reading it slower this time?

.It was $58,000 for one with EAP back last summer (53k car, 5k EAP)- with a $7500 tax rebate- so $50,500.

To get one today with the equivalent features it's $55,340 (blue, and FSD- plus homelink, 14-50, and phone cables). If I can take delivery before Dec 31 that's $53,465.

So 3-5k more today than a year ago... without counting the gas savings of that year.

If you add 3k for FSD on the last-years-one (which may start to matter sometime in the future but doesn't now) you're still equal or cheaper not having waited.

EDIT- and they actually just jacked the AWD car up another $500 today, so the math is even worse for the "OMG THEY ARE SO MUCH CHEAPER NOW" folks.

Last edited:
Reactions: StealthP3D
Performance tires matter to some folks, but not to others.
People interested in the car’s full performance potential aren’t really interested in the OEM Performance tires. And aesthetically there are so many other 3rd party choices (use a very common bolt pattern, same Mustangs) I’m kinda surprised there’s many interested in the 20” wheels, at all. But I guess they are the official low profile? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

People interested in the car’s full performance potential aren’t really interested in the OEM Performance tires. And aesthetically there are so many other 3rd party choices (use a very common bolt pattern, same Mustangs) I’m kinda surprised there’s many interested in the 20” wheels, at all. But I guess they are the official low profile? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The 7 grand I saved not getting the real performance model and the at least 1k I will make back selling factory rims, leaves me plenty of room for some very nice aftermarket wheels/tires with plenty of change to spare.

I'm sorry you continue to suck at math dude....
(also facts, since you're getting lots of em wrong)

When he (and I- and everyone else who took delivery before March 2019) bought his car they didn't sell the current AP at any price.

Instead they sold EAP for $5000.

Which has all the same existing features FSD has now- which costs $7000. (well, 6k when I made the previous post).

Even more embarrassing for you is I called these numbers out in the post you were replying to but clearly did not understand the math contained in.

here it is again- maybe try reading it slower this time?

.It was $58,000 for one with EAP back last summer (53k car, 5k EAP)- with a $7500 tax rebate- so $50,500.

EDIT- and they actually just jacked the AWD car up another $500 today, so the math is even worse for the "OMG THEY ARE SO MUCH CHEAPER NOW" folks.

Again I have to call you out. Read your exact quote below.

Here, give math a try!

$64,000- price he said he paid for a P3D-
-$5000 FUSC refund
-$7500 tax credit
-$350 extra HW he got new buyers don't
--------------
$51,150.

So about $1200 more than a "new" one costs today. Or about 3k if you get delivery of your new one before Dec 31 (though if that's possible is unclear since you can only get inventory ones and there seem to be few/none available right now).

And it's likely he saved a good chunk of even THAT much-smaller-than-he-claimed difference with a year of not buying gasoline rather than waiting a year to go to an EV (personally I save about $2000/yr not buying gas).

No mention of autopilot included in the price for a new car. Yet you included the extra hardware new buyers don't get. I have again proved that you are math challenged, but at least you gave it a try.

Again I have to call you out.

For you inability to read, comprehend, and do math?

I'm pretty sure none of those are actually my fault :)

Read your exact quote below.

I did. I'm going over how much, net, someone in 2018 actually paid for the car. It's a ton less than he originally claimed.

No mention of autopilot included in the price for a new car

Why would there be? I was discussing a 2018 cars price in the part you quoted.

The "free" AP wasn't available at the time the previous poster bought his last year. Neither was it for mine.

The only things that were available were EAP and FSD.

And as I pointed out though when I showed the math on my own 2019 purchase, EAP was $5000 then.

To get the same functionality on a new car today that has "free" basic AP, you'd need to spend $6000 (now $7000 since it just went up) on FSD.

The new one, again, costs more.

You know- like you've been shown several times with actual math.

. Yet you included the extra hardware new buyers don't get.

Right- because new buyers would have to pay money to get that

Just like they'd have to pay money to get the same stuff a 2018 EAP car already has.

I have again proved that you are math challenged

Talking to yourself now?

Anyway, here's the AWD #s one more time- updated to reflect todays price hikes since it makes you even more wrong than you were yesterday :)

Maybe ask someone else to read it to you this time? Slowly?

It was $58,000 for a LR AWD with EAP back last summer (54k car in blue, 5k EAP)- with a $7500 tax rebate- so $51,500.

To get one today with the equivalent features it's $55,340 (blue, and FSD- plus homelink, 14-50, and phone cables). If I can take delivery before Dec 31 that's $54,965.

So just under $4000 more today to get the same car.

But let's pretend EAP cars with FSD actually get anything today (they don't, FYI) and so we'll include that in the 2018 purchase.

So....

2018 car total net cost- $54,500.

2019 SAME CAR with SAME options net cost- $54,965.

Now- I know you'd need help figuring this out, so I'll spoiler it for you.

$54,965 is more than $54,500.

Both cars have FSD in this situation BTW- in case you're still hung up on not understanding what driver aids were actually available when and for how much.

I'm not even counting the extra 1 year gasoline savings.

I look forward to your next illustration of total inability to grasp any of this :)

He also said if it’s under a 1,000 miles, Tesla won’t charge you a transport fee, but even over it may only be $500-$1000
Would you pay $500 or more to NOT have a road trip in a fabulous EV?

Texas residents may face different situation. Most cases, local sales rep can probably arrange to have your car “sold” in your state with plate and papers sent to pickup point via courier. Benefit of dealing with a single national organization instead of local dealer.