Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the P3D - still exist?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking at buying a new Model 3, ideally with the "stealth performance" spec and the 19" sport tires. Seems like the best blends of power, fun to drive, efficiency and overall value/cost. The sales rep I talked to at the local Tesla store said that their inventory of this is almost non existent and he couldn't get one for me at this time. Was this just a temporary profit center and no longer exists for new orders?

I am looking at buying a new Model 3, ideally with the "stealth performance" spec and the 19" sport tires. Seems like the best blends of power, fun to drive, efficiency and overall value/cost. The sales rep I talked to at the local Tesla store said that their inventory of this is almost non existent and he couldn't get one for me at this time. Was this just a temporary profit center and no longer exists for new orders?
It comes and goes as an option.

I don’t think the P3D- ever came with the 19s upgrade as an option. Someone else can chime in on that one.

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev
The 2018 P3D- was not available with 19s (though they fit fine and I'm sure Tesla'd be happy to sell you some as spare wheels)

The "surprise" 2019 batches sometimes came with em- but they were all cars that had to be taken delivery from inventory- not custom orders.

Nobody knows when the next ones will be available and what the wheel options might be.

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev
I don’t know why ppl call it a ‘P3D’
By that logic we should have ‘PXD’ and ‘PSD’

No one thought to call it a P75D like it is?

If Tesla squeezes another 5kw in there, they won’t all be equal. Or perform the same.
I have the same feelings which surfaced while my P3D badges were on order, now that they've arrived, I can't decide if I should put them on or order "75" to replace the 3.

I don’t know why ppl call it a ‘P3D’
By that logic we should have ‘PXD’ and ‘PSD’

No one thought to call it a P75D like it is?

If Tesla squeezes another 5kw in there, they won’t all be equal. Or perform the same.

If i remember correctly, P3D basically stuck because the actual battery size was not confirmed with different sources saying different things. So it could've been a "P70D", "P74D","P75D", or "P80D".

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev and Phlier