Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the P3D - still exist?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has never been an order-able car. Tesla simply makes a few of them and sells them as inventory cars.
They were for a week or two period in late July early August. If you went to order a Model 3 Performance it gave you the option to get 18" wheels and it deleted the brakes, lowering and badging. From what the SA I dealt with told me that they were built and sent to different SC in batches. They took them off the custom order but you could find them at the stores. When I decided to get my car in Sept there were no stealth cars to be had in 200 miles. But they were offered as a custom option. Now it's just when Tesla decides to put a few out there.

Around here they are called "Base Performance". They've not been available as a new custom order -- only SR+, LR AWD, and Performance (w/ brakes, 20", spoiler, etc) are -- but theyve been prolific recently in inventory.

They are/were not strictly tied to anything whether 18" or 19" wheels. They are/were freely configurable with the other options such as colors, fsd, tow-hitch.

I tried to buy one directly from the website, which went to my account... then the sales dudes called me and told me that that specific car (vin) was a "mistake" and somehow not available. then i slowly watched as the inventory dwindled down (of all cars, not just the Base Performance).

recently the inventory was refreshed against, but with mostly SR+. the Base Performance vehicle is still in MY account. the sales people havent told me whether i should cancel it; make a new order; or to anticipate that replacements will be made that i will be matched to.

such is the fun process of buying car from this company....

Interesting - how where they listed on the website?
The best way of finding them is to get in touch with a Tesla Sales Associate.

It was order-able in 2018- it has been inventory-cars-only thusfar in 2019.
Man, my memory ain't what it used to be... I remember now you told me that a couple of months ago in another thread.

My stealth came with 19” wheels as well but would have preferred 18s

Mine did, too.

They were for a week or two period in late July early August. If you went to order a Model 3 Performance it gave you the option to get 18" wheels and it deleted the brakes, lowering and badging. From what the SA I dealt with told me that they were built and sent to different SC in batches. They took them off the custom order but you could find them at the stores. When I decided to get my car in Sept there were no stealth cars to be had in 200 miles. But they were offered as a custom option. Now it's just when Tesla decides to put a few out there.

Tesla has a real winning combination in the "stealth" Model 3 Performance... hopefully, they'll bring it back "on the menu" soon.

• Love
Reactions: StealthP3D
I don’t know why ppl call it a ‘P3D’
By that logic we should have ‘PXD’ and ‘PSD’

No one thought to call it a P75D like it is?

If Tesla squeezes another 5kw in there, they won’t all be equal. Or perform the same.
P
I don’t know why ppl call it a ‘P3D’
By that logic we should have ‘PXD’ and ‘PSD’

No one thought to call it a P75D like it is?

If Tesla squeezes another 5kw in there, they won’t all be equal. Or perform the same.
i would think P3D, PXD, PSD would make more sense now then ever, since they removed the numbered naming conventions and are just calling them Performance models now or Dual Motor.

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev
I have a P3D- with 19's. Just bought it on 9/30 so actually, it's my 1 month anniversary!!!

I think people misunderstand. I meant literally being able to buy it as an option. I think (again, correct me if I’m wrong) there were absolutely some preconfigured 19” 3P- cars out there, but no ability to spec one out that way if it didn’t already come that way.

Reactions: SammichLover
The P3D- definitely still exists, I just placed an order for one yesterday. It seems like every rep will tell you that you won't be able to find one and that they doubt Tesla will produce more. I have been finding them pretty consistently since mid summer, at least a few per week pop up. Just yesterday when I placed my order there were 3 of them available, albeit for a very short time as they are highly sought after. You just need to find a rep who knows what they're doing, and call literally everyday to have them check inventory, and you'll be able to find one.

It has the 19 inch sport wheels on it. I would have preferred the 18 inch Aero though. Will probably look to trade with someone as soon as I take delivery.

The P3D- definitely still exists, I just placed an order for one yesterday. It seems like every rep will tell you that you won't be able to find one and that they doubt Tesla will produce more. I have been finding them pretty consistently since mid summer, at least a few per week pop up. Just yesterday when I placed my order there were 3 of them available, albeit for a very short time as they are highly sought after. You just need to find a rep who knows what they're doing, and call literally everyday to have them check inventory, and you'll be able to find one.

It has the 19 inch sport wheels on it. I would have preferred the 18 inch Aero though. Will probably look to trade with someone as soon as I take delivery.

Out of curiosity, is the VIN’s 10th character a “K” or an “L”?

Agreed, the D is entirely superfluous. Is no, and never will be a non-AWD “Performance” Model 3.
I think it harkens back to a time when the P cars were in fact available as RWD only (P85, P85+) versus today’s approach to always equip P cars with AWD (P85D, P90D, etc). Clearly, this stems from the S as the performance Model 3 has always had AWD. For my $0.02, “P3D” has a nice ring to it; “M3” not so much! Happy Wednesday all. YMMV

Reactions: StealthP3D

What is the cost on this?