Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the parcel shelf reduce noise at all?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't tell if it makes a difference yet, as I need far more miles on the car to make a judgement. If you oftem move items into and out of the back, it can get in the way. The rear glass is so dark I don't know if it actually hides the view of anything back there. Mine is currently out of the car for the winter and/or until I make a long trip with luggage in the back. Glad I have it, but don't know if I'll really need it.

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88
I can't tell if it makes a difference yet, as I need far more miles on the car to make a judgement. If you oftem move items into and out of the back, it can get in the way. The rear glass is so dark I don't know if it actually hides the view of anything back there. Mine is currently out of the car for the winter and/or until I make a long trip with luggage in the back. Glad I have it, but don't know if I'll really need it.
Well said. Never understood the must have on this. As for hiding anything the rear window on my car is so dark there is no way to see anything back there. I would suspect most will simply toss it in the garage as it’s more in the way then of value for much else.

As far as keeping the rumbling road noise down in the rear of the car, I can't help but to think that a rear deck cargo liner would help far more than if the shelf was present, or not. And then also a mat at the bottom of the rear bin. Or all three.

Last edited: