Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the profile always default to last driver?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Despite using my card key/iPhone app , the profile seems to default to prior driver. Is this correct?

@Gellie did you associate your key cards/phone keys to profiles? Maybe you missed this step.

For me, walking up to the car, if my partner last drove, the seat will be in her configuration, but as soon as I pull the door handle with my phone on me, the seat starts moving to mine--and vice versa. The only time this can get "confusing" is when we are both present (with our phones) and in close proximity to the car. Occasionally it guesses wrong and we have to manually change the active profile on the screen.

EDIT: have a look at page 45 of the owner's manual https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_y_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf, section titled Linking a Driver Profile to a Key

Reactions: Gellie
@Gellie did you associate your key cards/phone keys to profiles? Maybe you missed this step.

For me, walking up to the car, if my partner last drove, the seat will be in her configuration, but as soon as I pull the door handle with my phone on me, the seat starts moving to mine--and vice versa. The only time this can get "confusing" is when we are both present (with our phones) and in close proximity to the car. Occasionally it guesses wrong and we have to manually change the active profile on the screen.

EDIT: have a look at page 45 of the owner's manual https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_y_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf, section titled Linking a Driver Profile to a Key
Thanks. Believe I set it up correctly. The seat/mirrors/and steering wheel move. However the screen show my wife's name/music etc.

Thanks. Believe I set it up correctly. The seat/mirrors/and steering wheel move. However the screen show my wife's name/music etc.
It isn't set up correctly if it's just defaulting to the last driver.

Go into the "keys" portion of the settings and associate the individual keys or phones with a particular user profile. If it is done correctly, the car will recognize which key or phone was used to unlock the car and then adjust the seat to the profile associated with that key.

This happened to me, too, until I selected the option to make my phone the “priority” phone ….. so when we’re both there, it picks mine.

Downside is then if we’re driving long distance and she wants to stream bluetooth from her phone as a passenger, she has to manually switch the connection.

Haven’t figured out if two simultaneous bluetooth connections are possible.

Reactions: Gellie
This happened to me, too, until I selected the option to make my phone the “priority” phone ….. so when we’re both there, it picks mine.

Downside is then if we’re driving long distance and she wants to stream bluetooth from her phone as a passenger, she has to manually switch the connection.

Haven’t figured out if two simultaneous bluetooth connections are possible.
Thanks. Having the same issue with Spotify. I need to log my wife off and re login.