Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the UK/EU have a Ranger Service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While there is no Ranger service exactly, they do have at least one big Tesla branded truck full of tools and equipment.

Being based 50 miles from Digbeth, it takes half a day ferrying loaners and my car back and forth. So one one occasion they sent the truck to my office and fixed some of the issues in my office car park.

Now I'm not sure how good this looks from a brand POV, so whilst it did make my life easier and gave the chap longer to work on the car rather than driving it between Nottingham and Birmingham, having cars fixed in public places probably isn't the greatest idea. (I certainly got comments from a lot of my staff assuming it had broken down :( ).

When the UK fleet was just 50+ cars back in 2011/2012 they did run a mobile ranger service, usually using a black van and two engineers.

I've seen this van recently, so I guess its still in use in certain situations. Photo below shows them attending to my Roadster when the front of my house was a building site !

Attachments

• service cold february morning 2012 b.jpg
    service cold february morning 2012 b.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 284
The current Tesla van is much bigger! It's an Iveco Daily. (Sorry I didn't take a photo, but it's more like a mobile workshop, with enough headroom to stand up in, unlike the Vito)

Coincidentally on the day it arrived, we had a new girl start in the accounts department, so the head accountant was going through the fixed asset register, and there's a line for 'Tesla'.

She piped up "Oh that big van in the car park" :D