Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

does the Ultra High Fidelity Sound include the first year of SiriusXM, for free?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just called directly. Last one was for a used FX50 I bought. I called SiriusXM directly and simply asked. They were happy to give me a free 90 day trial but I had to give them a CC for autobilling starting the 4th month. They know most will fail to call in and cancel for at least a few months if ever.

Yea, I get it. It works for you. It doesn't work for my radio ID.

2016_06_29_173015.jpg

The radio IDs are not searchable in their data base. It was odd, but they had to pull the VIN instead and then create a new profile after placing me on hold. Apparently Tesla isn't as common for them. It only took a few minutes and they apologized profusely.

Skip the web chat. Call and tell them you'd like "to activate a new car and a new account with the 3 month trial offered please." Then select your package and go MtM or annual for added savings.

It does not matter if CPO or new as long as you have a new account/subscription vs being an existing customer/renewal.

PS have your Radio ID and VIN handy....makes it easier for them.

I just did it today.........

spacer1.gif

spacer1.gif

spacer1.gif

Thank you for activating a SiriusXM subscription. A summary of your activity for 06/29/2016 is below. If your radio isn't receiving service, please click here to refresh your signal.
spacer1.gif
Account Details
spacer1.gif

SiriusXM Account Number *******232
spacer1.gif

SiriusXM Username F***********
spacer1.gif

Radio ID/ESN ND*********
spacer1.gif

Internet Radio Username F*********
spacer1.gif

Package/Item Subscription Term Charges
spacer1.gif

XM All Access (3 Month - Trial) 06/29/2016 - 10/01/2016 $0.00
spacer1.gif

spacer1.gif

spacer1.gif

spacer1.gif

Charges shown above may have been prorated to align with your billing cycle. Additional adjustments made to your account after this purchase will not be reflected on this statement.
spacer1.gif

spacer1.gif

spacer1.gif

spacer1.gif

spacer1.gif

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: You can cancel at any time by calling 1-866-245-7234. See our Customer Agreement for complete terms.

The radio IDs are not searchable in their data base. It was odd, but they had to pull the VIN instead and then create a new profile after placing me on hold. Apparently Tesla isn't as common for them. It only took a few minutes and they apologized profusely.

Skip the web chat. Call and tell them you'd like "to activate a new car and a new account with the 3 month trial offered please." Then select your package and go MtM or annual for added savings.

It does not matter if CPO or new as long as you have a new account/subscription vs being an existing customer/renewal.

PS have your Radio ID and VIN handy....makes it easier for them.

They claim it is a portable radio and not linked to any VIN. I tried giving them my VIN and it doesn't come up.

They claim it is a portable radio and not linked to any VIN. I tried giving them my VIN and it doesn't come up.

Yep, I got that line last night. I hung up and called back today indicating I was frustrated with their service and being told incorrectly it's portable or aftermarket. Tell them it's a 2016 Tesla and their system isn't recognizing it. You just need a service oriented rep to get it done manually with the supervisor. The others are following a script and don't understand. I'll try to dig out a specific name, if I got one for you.

Wow you are hitting all the speed bumps.

Talked to a supervisor who said that Tesla vehicles aren't eligible for a free trial. Not able to pull up my VIN anyway. She said she'd talk to the "dealer" about it if I set up a conference call but chances of Tesla getting involved are slim to none.