Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

does the Ultra High Fidelity Sound include the first year of SiriusXM, for free?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Other posters are correct:

• No satellite radio trial subscription or activation is included with UHF sound.
  • The satellite radio tuner is an XM tuner. Although Sirius and XM merged to create a single company, SiriusXM, their existing hardware systems are still independent and incompatible. Sirius hardware and XM hardware are different. However, their channel lineup and content on both services is now largely the same.
  • The XM satellite radio antenna is part of the panoramic roof. If you did not also get the panoramic roof with the UHF sound system, the XM satellite radio can't receive anything.
  • You do have 4 years of Slacker internet streaming service included with the car. Many of the music selections are equivalent to what you might find on XM's lineup.

• Informative
Reactions: Jurnimon
If you call SeriusXM and tell them you bought a new car, they'll give you a 90 day free trial subscription just for the asking. The catch is that you have to give them a credit card so they can auto bill you for month 4 if you forget to call and cancel.

• Informative
Reactions: RogerHScott
Thanks for the info, everyone. Yes I do have the pano roof. I do like the Slacker internet, as I think the sound quality is superior to what XM will have (I have SiriusXM in 2 other cars) but my wife wants CNN so we'll be getting XM service...and paying as little as we can.

There is a CNN radio station via tunein radio on the streaming radio stations

But no NFL on Tuneln.........go Pats!!!

Tesla provided nothing but XM offered 3 month free, and if signed up for the annual rate subscription, another 1-3 months free depending on package selected. Once subscribed, just log into the profile they set up for you and turn off auto renew.

Last edited:
Just called (after asking via email and chat). No free trial. They said it has to be done through the "dealership". Not sure how you got it.

I've just called directly. Last one was for a used FX50 I bought. I called SiriusXM directly and simply asked. They were happy to give me a free 90 day trial but I had to give them a CC for autobilling starting the 4th month. They know most will fail to call in and cancel for at least a few months if ever.

I was very surprised that a free trial wasn't included. It has been on other vehicles I've purchased with Sirius/XM.

The problem with the internet-based streaming services is you're at the mercy of cell reception. The XM signal -- like Big Brother ;) --
is pretty much everywhere.