Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does this happen to you ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every single day I go out on the Model X, people point at me, wave at me, people walk up to me and ask about the car. Yesterday a cop stopped me at a baseball game just to say "wow nice car" , all of the staff at the garage in the venue, today at the bank, absolutely everywhere and im not even talking about the few times i opened the falcon wings in public. Im a low key guy and would usually be against this attention, but i love the fact people are interested because its an electric car from such an innovative american company. It makes me very proud and feel honored to get to drive one of these things. Do u go through this daily also ?

Every single day I go out on the Model X, people point at me, wave at me, people walk up to me and ask about the car. Yesterday a cop stopped me at a baseball game just to say "wow nice car" , all of the staff at the garage in the venue, today at the bank, absolutely everywhere and im not even talking about the few times i opened the falcon wings in public. Im a low key guy and would usually be against this attention, but i love the fact people are interested because its an electric car from such an innovative american company. It makes me very proud and feel honored to get to drive one of these things. Do u go through this daily also ?

I wonder if this is going to happen to us. One thing you said stuck out because I was thinking this before buying the X. Tesla is an American company. I've never in my life wanted an American car. I've always wanted imports but Tesla changed all of that. Interesting to me and wonder how many others this has been the case for.

Reactions: Roentgen and Stasla
I wonder if this is going to happen to us. One thing you said stuck out because I was thinking this before buying the X. Tesla is an American company. I've never in my life wanted an American car. I've always wanted imports but Tesla changed all of that. Interesting to me and wonder how many others this has been the case for.

It will. With me its a daily routine. I haven't thought much about the american part since I used to have a Mustang :D

My current car (as I await my X) is a 1971 Mini 1000, with right hand drive. It's a bit of a rust bucket, but the Smiles Per Hour that I get on the road is massive. Also, being right handed, other drivers will ask me questions at stoplights.

I expect this will not happen so much with the X. Mostly because I'm in Tesla's backyard, but also because I'll be keeping the windows closed most of the time...

I'm pretty sure people get whiplash when they turn so quickly to see the doors open. Besides that, the car goes mostly unnoticed by the public in general. I think people in my area just don't even know that Tesla exists. Still lots of thumbs ups and smiles from EV fans though.

• Love
Reactions: Rmsosu
Yeah. Me too. It's a dime a dozen out here. I see at least 5 a day from home to office and I have about a 10 mile drive. 4 on my block including mine. Too funny.
Yes, but even in my S, in LA and Orange County I'll get questions or looks.

Last week, I was about 30 feet away from the car waiting for my daughter, and a guy parked next to me, got out, walked 5 feet, turned around and walked around the car twice, crouching down and checking out the car. Turned, waked another 10 feet and looked back at it, before going on his way.

I enjoyed the little show.