TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Does This Look "Normal"?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by FarmerDave, Sep 30, 2016.

1. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Member

I complained to the Service Center that the rubber seals on both falcon wing doors (where the knee hinge is) stick up above the roof when the doors are closed.

They replaced the seals but they are still not flush when the doors are closed. When they delivered the car to my home I called them to say it was still not fixed. The response was "they're all like that". This is the result of the repair:
    IMG_0955.JPG IMG_0957.JPG

2. Eclectic

Eclectic Member

If they're all like that, Tesla has very low standards for the Model X. I usually don't get fussed about trim issues, but it looks like crap to even my jaded eyes.

3. outie

outie Member

Fit and fitness is not Tesla's specialty. My chrome trim along the bottom of window on the FWD on driver side does not align well with the front door or quarter panel. I will see what they can do next time I bring in service.