Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does this look right?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys so it’s been about a week since I’ve had my model Y performance and I love the car but I’ve been doing some reading over the forums and I was looking at my wh/ mile and mine seem pretty high but I wanted to gauge yalls insight. My driving habits are pretty normal I don’t do any fast takeoffs or heartbreaking.
FA5A4AD0-92EC-4FB6-8073-2F6E7B97EA39.jpeg

While plugged in, especially in the A.M. before you leave, turn on the Climate Control for ~5 minutes before you leave via the Tesla app (tap the fan icon on the main app screen.) This will cool (or heat) the passenger cabin to your preferred temperature, replenish any power taken from the lithium battery from the grid. Try and use covered parking during the day to keep the passenger cabin from heating up in the sun. Cabin Overheat Protection (COP), if you set this Safety setting to be On, will use the AC while parked to maintain the cabin at or under 105F. Be aware that this can use 6 or 7 kWh over 8 hours (~750Wh/hour). The COP with No AC (HVAC Fan Only) setting uses about 1/3 of the power that the COP with AC uses but can't maintain the passenger cabin to a maximum of 105F (but still cooler than if COP is turned off.)

Tinting the glass windshield, other side glass with a good ceramic tint can help. A sunshade for the glass roof can also improve comfort while driving (sun feels less intense with a mesh sunshade installed.) Tinting the glass roof can provide some benefit but the glass roof comes with factory UV and IR (heat) rejection treatment so the improvement is less than for the windshield, other side glass and rear glass.

Reactions: atlchamp
Its a small sample size
But i can tell ya its the A/C blasting i avg about the same with temp set at 70 degrees when i get off work even when i have the cabin pre conditioned before i leave its been 105F+ here in el paso for weeks, my drive from work to home is about 350Wh/mi can be worse if I don’t pre condition over 400Wh/mi like yours

In the morning from home to work is like 215Wh/mi temps are at about 80F

Also make sure u turn off cabin overheat protection its rly pointless imo and drains a lot

On a similar note

Change my Mind
A/C uses more energy at 100+ temps than the heater heat pump at below 32 degrees 😃