Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does this mean my PTO was granted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
Been waiting 5 weeks since final inspection passed. A few times during testing, I've accidentally sent a kwh or so back to the grid. The first couple of times, I checked my energy usage on PGE and it it showed energy used rather than energy credited for that amount. But today, I noticed this for the first time. Does this mean my PTO was granted and I just haven't been told yet?

Capture.PNG

I would say check with the Utility company directly by calling or emailing. In my case, it took Tesla 4 days before they let me know. I had emailed directly to the utility company and asked for a status update and they were nice enough to forward me the certification as well as paperwork they sent back to Tesla. Tesla then 4 days later notified me.

I don't think that necessarily means PTO was granted. When my installer left, they had the PV on from the get go. When I got PTO, I went to turn it on and realized it was already on. I was pushing back to the grid before PTO and my first bill showed that from the beginning

I don't think that necessarily means PTO was granted. When my installer left, they had the PV on from the get go. When I got PTO, I went to turn it on and realized it was already on. I was pushing back to the grid before PTO and my first bill showed that from the beginning

For me this just started showing up today. Even the one from last week NOW shows a credit but it didn't until just yesterday.

I called PGE. PTO was not granted and according to them, Tesla still hasn't submitted the correct form. They had me sign the wrong form on the 11th to which I told them that the system was greater than 10KW and I thought the form was the wrong form. On the 24th, they still hadn't submitted the correct form but while I was on the phone with them for 22 minutes, they supposedly fixed it and submitted the correct form except I haven't gotten anything new to sign. According to PGE, Tesla still hasn't submitted the correct form. PGE also told me that once they do, it's 4 to 6 weeks for approval. So basically it's going to be at least 3 months from the time time final inspection passed to PTO granted IF they were to fix it today.

JFC. What takes so long, anyway?

Currently it's just getting Tesla to send the right docs. I realize now that signing the wrong document when I suspected it was the wrong document was the wrong thing to do. I should have waited for them to send me the right one so they didn't think they'd submitted the right one even though I told them it was the wrong one 30 minutes after I signed it.

How many right/wrongs does that make?:rolleyes:

Currently it's just getting Tesla to send the right docs. I realize now that signing the wrong document when I suspected it was the wrong document was the wrong thing to do. I should have waited for them to send me the right one so they didn't think they'd submitted the right one even though I told them it was the wrong one 30 minutes after I signed it.

How many right/wrongs does that make?:rolleyes:

Sure, but just seems weird that it'll take weeks once they have the right document. I'm curious what the behind-the-scenes process is that takes them so long to confirm and give PTO.

Sure, but just seems weird that it'll take weeks once they have the right document. I'm curious what the behind-the-scenes process is that takes them so long to confirm and give PTO.

Not sure. PGE just said they have a large backlog and that is the current wait time once the correct docs are submitted.

Of course the longer they take, the more money they make off you and the less you save.

Finally got the correct PG&E docs to sign today. The first incorrect documents were signed on November 11th. I've called and emailed dozens of times to try and get this resolved and finally today I was sent the correct document.