Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does this mean that the new Tesla to CCS adapter will not work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Soul Surfer

Cancervivor, tech geek & musician
Does this mean thought when the new CCS adapter becomes available, I wouldn't be able to use it? Not sure.

IMG_0833.jpeg

Looks like vehicles built in summer '21 reverted to the non CCS compatible part. Odd, maybe the chip shortage strikes again. If that is indeed the case, I doubt retrofit parts are going to be widely available for some time.

• Informative
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Now I’m really confused,😂

I was thinking along the lines of the J-1772 or ChadeMo to Tesla. The adapters should work, no? I do like the idea of the CCS conversion theory though.
As I understand it, after a certain date, Teslas were built with the necessary hardware to use an upcoming CSS adapter (I have a 2021 per-refresh Model S and it has adapter support). This allows the adapter to be cheaper ($200-$250 according to rumors). For those cars that don’t have adapter support, rumor has it you’ll be able to upgrade the car so it will work with the Tesl adapter. Right now there are a few CSS adapters that work with Tesla, but they are $500-$600+. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, please.

Looks like vehicles built in summer '21 reverted to the non CCS compatible part. Odd, maybe the chip shortage strikes again. If that is indeed the case, I doubt retrofit parts are going to be widely available for some time.
Thanks for this. I was wondering why my late October 2021 built Y did not have the feature enabled like I had been seeing around that time.

As I understand it, after a certain date, Teslas were built with the necessary hardware to use an upcoming CSS adapter (I have a 2021 per-refresh Model S and it has adapter support). This allows the adapter to be cheaper ($200-$250 according to rumors). For those cars that don’t have adapter support, rumor has it you’ll be able to upgrade the car so it will work with the Tesl adapter. Right now there are a few CSS adapters that work with Tesla, but they are $500-$600+. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, please.

This is exactly it.

Reactions: GoCardz