Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does this panel gap look normal on the front trunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found this 2020 M3P and I like it and it looks good overall but wondering if this panel gap looks big on the front trunk? Carfax is clean and shows no accidents. I have an M3P black on order but don’t want to wait. Lol
64EDF7C2-CEF3-43B6-83FF-AC9A62FFABB6.jpeg
D78C8875-03CB-4818-8819-190AC4CF5A77.jpeg

Dude, that's so big it looks like it might collect acorns for you. You're gonna see it every time you approach your car, probably see it from the driver's seat, and there's a good chance it might keep you awake at night.

Just wait for your M3P order and check the inventory sites for available ones that pop up.

Dude, that's so big it looks like it might collect acorns for you. You're gonna see it every time you approach your car, probably see it from the driver's seat, and there's a good chance it might keep you awake at night.

Just wait for your M3P order and check the inventory sites for available ones that pop up.
Lol I know. I was on the fence one way or the other going new or used. Mainly thought about used from Tesla because they almost all have FSD unlocked and have an extra year and 10k more miles on warranty. Then I saw this one pop up pretty close to me. They shot me a decent number on it but not amazing.

And the main reason I thought about slightly used is I didn’t want to wait for new and it showed M3p was March for wait. Place the order and my EDD is may 20th-June 17th.

What makes you think your order will be any better? My model 3 has crazy ass gaps in the passenger door. SC told me “every Tesla is like a snowflake”. You learn to love it imperfections and all. Although for $76,000, I was expecting better.
Well with the order I thought you could ask them to correct things like this before you accept delivery? And it isn't a huge deal really I was more concerned if it could have been in a wreck more than just factory gap which is why I mentioned the clean carfax. But some stuff doesn't always show on Carfax.

Reactions: XPsionic
It looks normal to me. My '21 frunk gaps were worse than that even after the body shop worked on them.

Note that other than the wheels, everything else on that car has apparently been plastidipped or vinyl wrapped. Handles, window trim, mirrors, badges, etc. were all chrome in 2020. Also, it looks pretty cold in whatever part of "Earth" you're from so you might be better served by a '21 or newer model with the heat pump.

It looks normal to me. My '21 frunk gaps were worse than that even after the body shop worked on them.

Note that other than the wheels, everything else on that car has apparently been plastidipped or vinyl wrapped. Handles, window trim, mirrors, badges, etc. were all chrome in 2020. Also, it looks pretty cold in whatever part of "Earth" you're from so you might be better served by a '21 or newer model with the heat pump.
I noticed that as well on the chrome being covered. Which I like. I am in central IL. So yes it does get cold but I don't drive a lot and it will be my fun car. But still prob best off waiting on what I ordered.

Well with the order I thought you could ask them to correct things like this before you accept delivery? And it isn't a huge deal really I was more concerned if it could have been in a wreck more than just factory gap which is why I mentioned the clean carfax. But some stuff doesn't always show on Carfax.
Not if it’s within spec. You can refuse delivery and then you start the entire process over. They won’t fix things simply because you aren’t pleased with it.