TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

does this part look familiar?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Nikola M3, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Nikola M3

Nikola M3 Member

I found this in the driver foot well today, I am assuming it came from something in the car, maybe console area but I have no clue. Has anyone seen one before?

I am NOT talking about the quarter, ha ha, it is for comparison.

rubber 1.jpg rubber 2.jpg rubber 3.jpg

2. Adeon

Adeon Member

Those are.. the thingamajigger.. sorry I can’t be of more help but it does look like a place holder of something for shipping/ delivery purposes

3. hacer

hacer Member

I just looked all around my model 3's driver's foot-well area, console, steering wheel, etc. Didn't see anything like it. Is it rubber or hard plastic? (Not that that will help much).

4. RenMan68

RenMan68 Member

It looks like a fastener for (maybe) holding a panel in place. As Adeon said, it may have just been for delivery and they dropped it. Text the pic to your DS to see if she might know what it is.

5. thompsob11

thompsob11 Member

I think it's from the center console. Lift up the rear console lid and look along the left and right edges. There should be one on each side.

6. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Active Member

To me that looks like a door panel clip

7. richrootes

richrootes Member

Looks like a rubber bump stop

8. thompsob11

thompsob11 Member

Confirmed. I just went and looked at my car. Here's a picture. The little rubber piece is installed on the left and removed on the right (to make room for the dash cam wiring).

Attached Files:

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  9. hacer

hacer Member

I'm almost certain your description is good enough to figure out where these are in the car, but your picture could have had more context, so I include this additional picture for context. Good sleuthing; I opened the cuby and didn't recognize those were the same as the OP's pctures.
    M3_cubby.jpg
    Front of the car is at top.

10. Nikola M3

Nikola M3 Member

Thanks guys,

That's where it came from. All the pieces fit.
    I noticed the armrest / door closed but had "play", I didn't know if it did that before since so little time with the car so I ignored it. The bumper(s) will stop that. I am missing both, probably came out when I dis-assembled the console to wrap the top gloss pieces. I suspect the other one fell down inside.

11. Nikola M3

Nikola M3 Member

I found the second one in the vacuum tank. Glad i had't emptied it into the trash yet. They are both back where they belong.
    Thanks all for the quick response and detective work.

• Like x 2